Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Virtual Camp Needed!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:36 pm
Oh, my.....my kids are going bonkers!
We need a virtual camp ASAP!

Everything was great during Zoom school all morning and then the at-home afternoon schedule of activities I put together. But they are DONE with Mommy Camp activities before summer, and before a "Mommy Camp" would even begin. I tried putting together a similar schedule to the afternoon schedule I had, plus some morning activities, but it lasted 3 days,.and they were bored and after months of these schedules, I am just exhausted and can't do anymore.

We need a virtual camp, a few hours a day. Not just one-time activities, like a virtual museum tour or a craft activity. Something that someone else is doing, for a few hours a day.

Interests of my kids include:
Girls: Arts &Crafts, Dance, Gymnastics, Reading, Science, Cooking, Baking. (Ages 9, 12, 14 and 17)
Boys: Basketball, Football, Gymnastics, Computers, Cooking, Science (ages 11 and 15)

I found one frum virtual camp for girls, but it was way more than we could afford for all 4 of them. We don't have a camp budget....normally their are plenty of summer activities and events to keep everyone busy, but everything is closed or canceled.

Any suggestions, please???? (Doesn't have to be a frum camp)

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:02 pm
Camp Rena is running a virtual zoom camp this summer. We joined during corona lockdown and it was super fun and engaging. Paint canvases, baking miniatures, learning photography, hairstyles, gymnastics, dance parties, etc. They have an option to mail you all supplies (I think even lunch) each week. They have your girls ages.

mommylev

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:04 pm
I got an email about a camp. This is what it said:
Its all Min HaShamayim
or Mayim is Chayim
Camp Shamayim presents
"Zoomayim"
"Its a touch of Camp Shamayim without the Touch"
Join in for the Torah, Ruach, Art, Dance, Baking, Fun, Fun, Fun and more Fun!
With all of our Super Historical or Hysterical volunteer clownslers from the chronicles of Camp Shamayim.

Cost is Free- Wow!
Begins Bs"d-June 29th through August
3 groups rising K-2, 3-5, 6-8
Time: 10:00 a.m.- 11:00 a.m.
Please fill out the Zoomayim Application!!

You will receive an entry email with our zoom link for your group for the summer.
Please forward this email to friends who would be interested in joining. Please send applications back ASAP so we can prepare!
Donations are accepted to help with raffle prizes and perhaps a tip for our clownslers.
Check out the website www.campshamayim.com

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:13 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Camp Rena is running a virtual zoom camp this summer. We joined during corona lockdown and it was super fun and engaging. Paint canvases, baking miniatures, learning photography, hairstyles, gymnastics, dance parties, etc. They have an option to mail you all supplies (I think even lunch) each week. They have your girls ages.

Is their Zoom camp opening in the end? I saw it advertised and called and spoke to them about it, but I got the impression that they got so many signups for in-person camp that they weren't going to go ahead with the virtual option. Does anyone know for sure?

Hatemywig

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 9:57 pm
https://jewishgirlsunite.com/camp/

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:00 pm
Thank you Mommylev!!!!!
Signed my daughter up for Zoomayim and she loved it today Smile

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:05 pm
If your is over 8/9 and a major nerd

https://www.freecodecamp.org/

artz

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:26 pm
there is machane zoomer advertised on yeshivaworld both for boys and girls
here is the link To register please visit cojds.org/machanezoomer

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 1:26 am
https://campzoomer.com/
Pre school- 8th grade. They teamed up with Jewish Girls Unite so there is programming for boys and girls. My son really enjoys.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 8:05 pm
If your kids are interested in chess, there is a frum international master who is running a virtual camp this summer. My son had one on one lessons with him years ago.
https://www.yaacovchess.com/camp
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics