Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Camp items
Previous  1  2

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:28 am
ra_mom wrote:
Cute linen just means a fun looking set like gingham or chevron set in a child's color. Not the gray paisley from home, ya know? Smile It's not a set thing. You'll figure it out with your child.

Are the boys really doing floor mats? I wouldn't think so.

For a nosh box, just buy the nosh and then purchase a clear sterilite box that fits it all. Maybe the 27 quart one? Personally, we don't purchase this. We buy clear draws that stay empty so they're easy to transport to the buses. And dd unpacks her small items like undies in one draw (that one we line), toiletries in another, nosh in the third.

My sons wanted floor mats, so their feet weren't cold when they got out of bed. Why would boys and girls differ on that?

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:32 am
Boys want them so their feet don't get cold. Girls want them in the perfect colour, with the right design, and are at least as bothered by the aesthetics as by their feet. But girls might also want fluffy so that their feet have a soft landing in the morning.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:37 am
That’s funny. No one had mats in my days but we wouldn’t dare put our bare feet onto the dirty floors! We slid straight into flip flops.

OP, as an alternative to drawers you can get flat, rectangular under bed storage boxes.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 12:26 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
My sons wanted floor mats, so their feet weren't cold when they got out of bed. Why would boys and girls differ on that?

I guess because I've seen the girls bring fluffy girly ones to decorate their space with. Smile Didn't realize people used them to step down onto, since the girls seem to slip right into their slippers.

I hear what you're saying though!

lkwdmom2

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:33 pm
My daughter needs a shabbos sweater and sweatpants. Any idea where to get these in the summer?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:03 pm
lkwdmom2 wrote:
My daughter needs a shabbos sweater and sweatpants. Any idea where to get these in the summer?

The list is outdated. Our list said the same but when dd got to camp, she found out everybody wore sweatshirts when they were cold shabbos night. And they used leggings for special activities; no one wore sweatpants.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 9:48 pm
lkwdmom2 wrote:

Amazon! My best friend these days. Very Happy

What do they need a nosh box for, isn't there canteen? What nosh do they bring?

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:36 pm
I don’t know why they need nosh but everyone brings a whole container of granola bars, chips, pretzels, licorice, gum, taffies, tam tams, little danishes powerades etc. I think after a week they’re all nauseous but they all bring it.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:52 pm
I just thought I'd share this email I'm sending to my girl in camp so here it goes:

Hello Chava!!!

I'm so thrilled that you are at camp and I hope you have a wonderful time. You look happy in pictures and that means the world to us!! So thanks for smiling it means that camp is worth the money Wink

Chava, I remember when I was a camper and some summers I had amazing friends and some summers I cried so much from the mean things that girls would say so I want to give some unsolicited and hopefully unnecessary advise.

1. Show that you are likeable!
Chava you are so talented and fun let people see that side, show that that you are sweet, agreeable and are super cool! Show off your talents! Juggle, do cartwheels, share funny jokes, cheer with your bunk!

(Another way to be likeableb is hygiene, remember to brush your teeth and shower and deodorant so that people can actually get near you. So important!)

2. You want to let everyone know that you are confident and that nothing people say can hurt you. This means no being shy. You must join in in pictures just stick your self in the middle and laugh. OWN IT!!! If you are feeling insecure and let people know it makes them uncomfortable. So just act unafraid, confident, act like you are constantly have the time of your life it really draws people to you. Because people are attracted to fun so just be fun like you are!

3. Show support for others. Having a friend means being a friend. If someone else is having a hard time listen and let them know you have their back. If someone is being bullied I think it's the only good time to act stubborn and insist on kindness towards the girl that being hurt.

4. Shalom is most important factor. You never know who's going to be your sister in-law, cousin or aunt so just be nice to everyone and make a good impression. Keser Shem tov alah Al gabeihen.

You are such a wonderful person Chava have a wonderful time and making friends does require some effort so give it all you got!! I love you!!!
Hugs!!! And slobbery kisses (ew I'm kidding!)

Ice cream

ladYdI

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:20 am
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I just thought I'd share this email I'm sending to my girl in camp so here it goes:

Hello Chava!!!

I'm so thrilled that you are at camp and I hope you have a wonderful time. You look happy in pictures and that means the world to us!! So thanks for smiling it means that camp is worth the money Wink

Chava, I remember when I was a camper and some summers I had amazing friends and some summers I cried so much from the mean things that girls would say so I want to give some unsolicited and hopefully unnecessary advise.

1. Show that you are likeable!
Chava you are so talented and fun let people see that side, show that that you are sweet, agreeable and are super cool! Show off your talents! Juggle, do cartwheels, share funny jokes, cheer with your bunk!

(Another way to be likeableb is hygiene, remember to brush your teeth and shower and deodorant so that people can actually get near you. So important!)

2. You want to let everyone know that you are confident and that nothing people say can hurt you. This means no being shy. You must join in in pictures just stick your self in the middle and laugh. OWN IT!!! If you are feeling insecure and let people know it makes them uncomfortable. So just act unafraid, confident, act like you are constantly have the time of your life it really draws people to you. Because people are attracted to fun so just be fun like you are!

3. Show support for others. Having a friend means being a friend. If someone else is having a hard time listen and let them know you have their back. If someone is being bullied I think it's the only good time to act stubborn and insist on kindness towards the girl that being hurt.

4. Shalom is most important factor. You never know who's going to be your sister in-law, cousin or aunt so just be nice to everyone and make a good impression. Keser Shem tov alah Al gabeihen.

You are such a wonderful person Chava have a wonderful time and making friends does require some effort so give it all you got!! I love you!!!
Hugs!!! And slobbery kisses (ew I'm kidding!)

Ice cream

Love this!!!!

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:28 am
Thanks! I think people tend to hope that social skills will be picked up from being around people and that works for most but not for all.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children