Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Opinion wanted

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 6:48 pm
Does it make sense to move from a larger to a smaller house that’s fully renovated , state of the art
The current house is @ the center of Jewish community, the new house is more further out but w/in Eruv and still walking distance to current shul and kids friends
Basically boils down to larger house versus smaller but all redone.
Current house, we wouldn’t be selling but renting.
New house has same amount of bedrooms, big enough for current family size .. w/ an extra bedroom... but due to smaller square footage, 1st floor has smaller kitchen/ dinning room/ living room area
So what do you guys say ?

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does it make sense to move from a larger to a smaller house that’s fully renovated , state of the art
The current house is @ the center of Jewish community, the new house is more further out but w/in Eruv and still walking distance to current shul and kids friends
Basically boils down to larger house versus smaller but all redone.
Current house, we wouldn’t be selling but renting.
New house has same amount of bedrooms, big enough for current family size .. w/ an extra bedroom... but due to smaller square footage, 1st floor has smaller kitchen/ dinning room/ living room area
So what do you guys say ?

Is it so you can rent the other house?
I'm not sure what's in it for you. You don't just want bedrooms, you want living space.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 7:56 pm
Whether it pays or not, gotta see it to know. But living space, for everyone in the house, is very important.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:08 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Is it so you can rent the other house?
I'm not sure what's in it for you. You don't just want bedrooms, you want living space.

I am considering living in the upgraded & new home & renting our current one .

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:14 pm
Makes sense to me in this case. Same outdoor space?

Kiwi13

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:23 pm
Depends on the problems with the current house. If it’s unpleasant to stay there, I would consider it. If it’s fine but the new house is just more luxurious, I personally wouldn’t do it, but it’s all personal preference.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:55 pm
Current house is about 2,000 sq feet vs Luxury home that’s 1,800
Current house is attached vs Luxury home is detached
Outdoor space luxury house has bigger lot, but a smaller backyard .
Current house has large yard, but due to diff reason large parts of backyard aren’t usable .

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:56 pm
Why not rent the new house?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 8:59 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Why not rent the new house?

I like that’s it’s all luxurious and updated.
That would be the main reason to even think about purchasing it

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:15 pm
It’s nice to live in a luxurious house. As long as there is enough room for everyone sounds good to me.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:28 pm
I'd stay in the bigger house and if need be update it to be more luxurious to ure taste. I feel space is so important!
And rent out the other home!
That's what I'd do

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:59 pm
Depends on what ur family as a whole values.
If you value beautiful aesthetic then I say go for the new one!
I love art and luxury. It’s like a breath of fresh air. It’s exciting. (I can’t afford any of it so I don’t have it)

But if no one in your household cares for that, more space loving life and living joyously more space to fill with joy, having your kids friends over, then stay.

You know you best. Do you want it for you or for what joneses consider a beautiful home 🤷🏻‍♀️

Good news if you end up renting your current home it’s not a marriage. You won’t be marrying the new home. It’s not a lifetime commitment.
If you change your mind you can come back to this one and rent out your Luxury one.

twizzlers1

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 1:18 am
why wouldn't you just update your current house? Assuming that you're happy there and you and your kids have friends that seems to me to make the most sense. when you rent a house out you never know exactly who the renter is going to be even if you look into them. Sometimes renters are great and sometimes they are difficult to deal with.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating