Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bosch versus kitchen aid dishwasher

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 10:51 am
anyone have any input which is better?

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 11:59 am
I prefer Bosch (hate its German, but...).

Had kitchen aids before. Both clean very well. I just like the interior design/ rack organization better on Bosch and it’s so quiet I love the red light on the floor to tell me it’s running.

Amarante

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 12:41 pm
I think Bosch make the best dishwashers in their price range. Miele are also awesome.

simcha2

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 12:44 pm
We don't buy Bosch because German. But I really don't love our kitchen aid. Actually prefer our frigidaire which was much cheaper and lower end

Last edited by simcha2 on Mon, Sep 09 2019, 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Amarante

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 12:54 pm
simcha2 wrote:
We don't buy Bosch because German. But I really don't love our kitchen aid. Actually prefer or frigidaire which was much cheaper and lower and

Bosch dishwashers are made in North Carolina.

At this point it’s a multinational corporation with stockholders and workers all over the world.

nylon

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 1:08 pm
I love my Bosch. I have the model with the 3rd rack for cutlery. My husband was skeptical when I insisted on it. Now that he's used to it he admits I was right. It frees up a ton of space on the bottom, and the cutlery gets cleaner too as it's all in individual slots.

simcha2

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 1:15 pm
Amarante wrote:
Bosch dishwashers are made in North Carolina.

At this point it’s a multinational corporation with stockholders and workers all over the world.

All big companies are multinational at this point. (It's still 92%owned by bosch). But bosch has a particularly nasty history. Including, but not limited to, use of Jewish slave labor and building of nazi tanks.

I'd rather not have an appliance with the name bosch probably emblazoned in my home.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 1:28 pm
nylon wrote:
I love my Bosch. I have the model with the 3rd rack for cutlery. My husband was skeptical when I insisted on it. Now that he's used to it he admits I was right. It frees up a ton of space on the bottom, and the cutlery gets cleaner too as it's all in individual slots.

Mine has both -- you can remove the traditional silverware holder for added space. (I usually use the traditional silverware holder, and use the shallow top rack for cooking utensils, like spatulas and tongs.) Lots of adjustable prongs and racks as well.

Best of all, it cleans like a dream. Thing I used to spend hour washing by hand come clean first time around with the Bosch.

aliavi

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 2:43 pm
Another vote for Bosch. I just got it this year and it’s fantastic. I don’t even rinse Shabbos dishes. The racks are smart and sturdy.

Something I don’t like is this model doesn’t have an open cup that instantly mixes once the dishwasher runs.

nylon

Post Mon, Sep 09 2019, 3:24 pm
yeah, mine also has the traditional silverware holder, but I've barely used it since I bought the machine.

It cleans really well and is super quiet. I've had zero repairs in 5 years, and I use my dishwasher a lot.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 7:39 pm
I just got a thermadore and I think it’s the same thing as Bosch. It washes great, is so quiet but I still haven’t figured out how to get everything very dry...

MiracleMama

Post Mon, Feb 17 2020, 8:05 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I just got a thermadore and I think it’s the same thing as Bosch. It washes great, is so quiet but I still haven’t figured out how to get everything very dry...

1. Make sure to use rinse aid (like jet dry)
2. Run on hottest setting. On mine it’s “sanitize”

shluchamom

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 10:36 pm
When everyone here says bosch can you give a bit more details like what series you have? Is the 500 so much better than the 300? If yes can you explain why. Also what's the asceta series?

Thanks

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 11:04 pm
I have the Ascenta, and I got their cheapest base model dishwasher. (It came with free installation, which is the main reason I chose it.)

It's not perfect. You do have to clean out the filter on the bottom periodically.

And the detergent you use makes a HUGE, MASSIVE difference.

I got amazing results with Finish Quantum Max tabs (OU), and mediocre to bad results with anything else. (I am now using citric acid, washing soda, and a squirt of dish soap to try to deal with some allergies, and the results are underwhelming.)

I do love that it has flood protection.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 3:34 am
I think it’s been proven that powder detergent (specifically cascade) works the best.
I have a thermadore made by Bosch and it cleans heavy duty mess. I never knew such a good dishwasher even existed. I can put in the dishes without rinsing! Even the bowl from the challah dough!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics