Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Belly Band in Jerusalem?

jessicalj

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 1:50 am
I'm expecting for the first time and want to get one of those belly bands for pregnancy. Does anyone know where I can get one in Jerusalem?
Thanks!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 1:54 am
Just as an aside - I was pregnant with big babies and also twins in the past and really wanted one of these and my ob/gyn really insisted on not using it. She said it weakens the muscles which ultimately need to help push the baby/babies out in the end. Worthwhile getting your own ob/gyn's opinion because they're usually not so cheap either

israelmama

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 2:07 am
I think Birthlite carries them

essie14

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 3:01 am
Maybe hanaka tova in talpiyot?
You can call them and ask.

Teomima

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:05 am
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
Just as an aside - I was pregnant with big babies and also twins in the past and really wanted one of these and my ob/gyn really insisted on not using it. She said it weakens the muscles which ultimately need to help push the baby/babies out in the end. Worthwhile getting your own ob/gyn's opinion because they're usually not so cheap either

I don't know if you and OP are talking about the same thing. I used to use a band called Bella Band, it wasn't tight, restrictive, or supportive. It was just a stretchy ring of fabric I could wear over my skirt if I needed to unbutton the top few buttons (essentially giving the look of a maternity skirt), and also when my shirts started looking a little too short due to my growing belly, the band could give the appearance of another layer of fabric, without needed to wear more clothes.

This is what I assume OP meant, though I could be mistaken.

Sorry I can't help you find one, OP. I think I bought mine abroad. But Hanaka Tova (in Hadar) would be a good place to start.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:20 am
Teomima wrote:
I don't know if you and OP are talking about the same thing. I used to use a band called Bella Band, it wasn't tight, restrictive, or supportive. It was just a stretchy ring of fabric I could wear over my skirt if I needed to unbutton the top few buttons (essentially giving the look of a maternity skirt), and also when my shirts started looking a little too short due to my growing belly, the band could give the appearance of another layer of fabric, without needed to wear more clothes.

This is what I assume OP meant, though I could be mistaken.

Sorry I can't help you find one, OP. I think I bought mine abroad. But Hanaka Tova (in Hadar) would be a good place to start.

Ahhh if it's purely aesthetic then that's something else, I was assuming she wanted one of those support belts

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:31 am
Simy's Lingerie Boutique in Neve Yaakov
6 Ravitz St. 077-7837488
Best prices around on almost everything, by far.
Speaks English, French, Hebrew.
Really nice and helpful.

eta: I know this sounds like an ad, but it's not. I've been buying from her for years, and my teenage girls go themselves because she's so nice.
I looked up her number to post it here so that it could help the op and maybe others.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 6:21 am
Do u mean belly bandit for after you give birth to get everything back in shape? Try saposh in har nof . (P.s if you’re normally a size sm/xs with a very flat belly and small waist, it’s not gonna fit you and is a waste of money.)

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 6:26 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Simy's Lingerie Boutique in Neve Yaakov
6 Ravitz St. 077-7837488
Best prices around on almost everything, by far.
Speaks English, French, Hebrew.
Really nice and helpful.

eta: I know this sounds like an ad, but it's not. I've been buying from her for years, and my teenage girls go themselves because she's so nice.
I looked up her number to post it here so that it could help the op and maybe others.

That's funny, I also thought of Simy when I saw the thread title.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions