Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Which Electric Scooter is Best to Buy
1  2  Next

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:29 pm
Hi! If anyone can give me any guidance on purchasing an electric scooter I would immensely appreciate it.
Where is the best place to buy it?
Which make and model?
Which one gives you the most mileage per charge?
What are the different speeds?
How long does the battery last for?
Did you find it to be safe and reliable?
And cost of course!

Thanks a bunch for any input!

doctorima

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:40 pm
How old is the child you're buying for? A big difference in the models is how fast they go and how much weight they can handle, so what's good for a teen won't be be good for an 8-year-old. Razor is a solid and reliable brand with several different models. We have the E200 and are very happy with it, but for a younger child you could save money and get the E100.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 1:51 pm
Thanks for responding.
Child is 12 but very petite. Is there a lb limit?

Did you hear of the XI series?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:00 pm
I did some research recently, Dd wanted this for her birthday.

The scooters designed for children generally have a maximum speed of 11 mph. The Razor E series is a longtime favourite.
There are newer options that are more light weight, foldable and resemble regular non-electric scooters. They can be used as a regular scooter when there is no charge left.
The Gotrax GKS is a good example. It is a great scooter but the max speed of 7.5 mph is underwhelming for older kids.
Razor produces the Power A5 and Power A2 that are similar with a faster speed (10 mph). They have mixed reviews.
Another option could be a smaller sized adult scooter that has adjustable speeds and more flexible options. These are pricier and might be too tall for a petite 12 year old, unless you can find one with an adjustable handlebar. I have seen 13 year-olds cruising around on these effortlessly.

Ora in town

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 2:02 pm
None... it's dangerous...
sorry for that.
But I feel so unsafe on sidewalks since there are electric scooters using them...
and using them on street would probably be unsafe to the scooter driver...

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 4:50 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
I did some research recently, Dd wanted this for her birthday.

The scooters designed for children generally have a maximum speed of 11 mph. The Razor E series is a longtime favourite.
There are newer options that are more light weight, foldable and resemble regular non-electric scooters. They can be used as a regular scooter when there is no charge left.
The Gotrax GKS is a good example. It is a great scooter but the max speed of 7.5 mph is underwhelming for older kids.
Razor produces the Power A5 and Power A2 that are similar with a faster speed (10 mph). They have mixed reviews.
Another option could be a smaller sized adult scooter that has adjustable speeds and more flexible options. These are pricier and might be too tall for a petite 12 year old, unless you can find one with an adjustable handlebar. I have seen 13 year-olds cruising around on these effortlessly.
thank you so much, I'll look into it. It's basically going to be a mode of transportation not so much for entertainment, so I want to make sure it's a solid thing.

ShishKabob

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 4:51 pm
Ora in town wrote:
None... it's dangerous...
sorry for that.
But I feel so unsafe on sidewalks since there are electric scooters using them...
and using them on street would probably be unsafe to the scooter driver...
I think kids have to be taught sidewalk etiquette as well whether it's razor blades, scooters or skateboards

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 5:11 pm
How about for a 17 year old boy? To commute to and from yeshiva every day. About 30 min walk.

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 7:10 am
Anyone have additional insight?

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 8:40 am
My pre teen has a razor E300S. I think kohl’s was the best price. We did a ton of research and this is the one we decided on. He uses it for “commuting”- going to shul, swimming lessons, day camp, etc.

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:13 am
Thanks so much. Does it come with a seat?

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 3:48 am
Op, did you get your child a scooter and are you happy with it?
My 8 year old son is asking for one for his birthday. I don’t want to buy a scooter that has to get charged every half hour...
We live upstate with lots of empty space for kids to ride. I think it could be fun for him.

Fave

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 3:08 pm
Bump. Any updates recommendations for an electric scooter? My son is 11.

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Apr 05 2021, 3:42 pm
Fave wrote:
Bump. Any updates recommendations for an electric scooter? My son is 11.

My 8 year old son got the razor e100. That was after a lot of back and forth after we weighed the pros and cons of a few. We are very happy with it. It’s a lot of fun. Goes fast enough and holds the battery charge for quite a while.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 8:18 am
I got the Xiaomi e4610 second hand. It's a great product but insanely expensive right now. Last time I checked it went for $850.00.

Fave

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 8:22 am
We had a razor e100, I want something better. Don’t want to spend more than $300

baker1

Post Thu, Apr 08 2021, 8:42 am
We bought an E300 last season. In the beginning it was amazing- held a charge and was fantastic. after about 2 or 3 weeks of use it started giving us trouble- chain coming off , battery not holding etc. by the end of 2 months it broke. Now its sitting in my attic and need to get someone who can take a look at it and fix it.
I should have called the company to complain but didn't get around to it.
If you read the reviews a lot of people have issues with the battery and other stuff as soon as it gets some wear and tear.

I would not recommend it at all

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Apr 20 2021, 12:28 pm
Bumping this for any tried and true electric scooters for 12 yr old boy.
TIA!!

doctorima

Post Sun, Apr 25 2021, 2:56 pm
Razors are good. For a bit more money the Gotrax XR Ultra is wonderful. It lists for $350-$400, but can often be found on sale for $300 or less.

amother
Hosta

Post Wed, Oct 20 2021, 10:54 am
bumping
Toys for you recommended ninebot - anyone familiar and can give me their experience?
I'm looking for 10 and 12 year old boys
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics