Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Yaakov Ateres Miriam

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 1:07 pm
We may make a very last minute move to the five towns this summer. I have a daughter in preschool and a daughter in first grade. The only school that has room is Ateres Miriam. Can you tell me about the school? How are the academics? The hashgafa? Are there any plans for a highschool? What draws a person to the school?

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 1:24 pm
Hi I live in the five towns, my girls don’t go to that school but I have friends who send there. They are very happy. I’ll give my 2 cents. The school in general seems to be more of a low key “out of town Frum” clientele. There are of course exceptions and there are kids/families that are up with the trends but does not seem to be the majority. Rabbi Neuman is supposed to be amazing, very warm and great with the girls. I don’t know much about the academics but I know they have some great teachers. BBY is trending toward more in town yeshivish, TAG is the most diverse, biggest school of the 3 and best academics.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 1:25 pm
I looked into it for my daughter but for her specifically it was not a good fit. I was very impressed that every single parent I spoke to was thrilled with the school. It seems like a very warm place with a range of hashkafah. Not super yeshivish (families have tv, moms not wearing stockings)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics