Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Sullivan County Legislator Upset - No One Wearing Masks
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:46 pm
Dear Residents and Summer Visitors,

As the summer of 2020 unfurls in Sullivan County, it’s critically important that we keep it from unraveling at the same time.

Over the past week, I’ve noticed – as have my neighbors and friends – a disturbing pattern of both visitors and residents no longer wearing masks or even social distancing when out in our communities. I live in Fallsburg, a welcome hotspot for summer tourism, but now I fear it and other areas of our County will become hotspots of COVID-19.

Coronavirus may have lessened in our area (thankfully), but it’s not gone – indeed, people can be carrying the potentially lethal virus without even knowing it, and thus spreading it without even knowing it, especially if they’re coming from an area where there has been a high infection rate. That’s why the Governor of New York, along with the governors of New Jersey and Connecticut, have just mandated a 14-day quarantine for anyone coming into these states from certain hotspot states like Florida and Alabama.

Just because we’ve been successful in keeping our COVID counts low doesn’t mean we have nothing to worry about. We need to keep our masks on whenever we’re outside our homes and cannot social distance – like in a grocery store, along a crowded sidewalk, or at our house of worship.

Not wearing a mask during these times sends the message, intentional or not, that we simply don’t care about the health and welfare of our neighbors. Not only is that disrespectful and discourteous, it can create needless friction with those neighbors, be they here year-round or just for the season. We don’t need more challenges during this already challenging time.

I remain hopeful that we can have a summer of fun and good memories, so long as we treat each other with kindness and respect. This year, that includes wearing a mask and social distancing. Please join me in doing so!

Joe Perrello
District 7 Legislator

Sullivan County Legislature

Fallsburg

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you dont care about yourselves, at least pretend you care about others.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:49 pm
I think that is great.

Just want to add that in travels around the US (not NY) there are tons of people (non Jewish) not SD not wearing masks...crazy all around R"L.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:50 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I think that is great.

Just want to add that in travels around the US (not NY) there are tons of people (non Jewish) not SD not wearing masks...crazy all around R"L.

Two wrongs dont make one right.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

As the summer of 2020 unfurls in Sullivan County, it’s critically important that we keep it from unraveling at the same time.

Over the past week, I’ve noticed – as have my neighbors and friends – a disturbing pattern of both visitors and residents no longer wearing masks or even social distancing when out in our communities. I live in Fallsburg, a welcome hotspot for summer tourism, but now I fear it and other areas of our County will become hotspots of COVID-19.

Coronavirus may have lessened in our area (thankfully), but it’s not gone – indeed, people can be carrying the potentially lethal virus without even knowing it, and thus spreading it without even knowing it, especially if they’re coming from an area where there has been a high infection rate. That’s why the Governor of New York, along with the governors of New Jersey and Connecticut, have just mandated a 14-day quarantine for anyone coming into these states from certain hotspot states like Florida and Alabama.

Just because we’ve been successful in keeping our COVID counts low doesn’t mean we have nothing to worry about. We need to keep our masks on whenever we’re outside our homes and cannot social distance – like in a grocery store, along a crowded sidewalk, or at our house of worship.

Not wearing a mask during these times sends the message, intentional or not, that we simply don’t care about the health and welfare of our neighbors. Not only is that disrespectful and discourteous, it can create needless friction with those neighbors, be they here year-round or just for the season. We don’t need more challenges during this already challenging time.

I remain hopeful that we can have a summer of fun and good memories, so long as we treat each other with kindness and respect. This year, that includes wearing a mask and social distancing. Please join me in doing so!

Joe Perrello
District 7 Legislator

Fallsburg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We don't care.

We are immune and have herd immunity.

My body my choice.

If they don't want to get sick, they should stay home.

I paid a lot of money for my bungalow and I'm not having my summer ruined by some anti-Semitic politician.

Bottom line-we don't care about you.

/sarcasm

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:55 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
We don't care.

My body my choice.

I paid a lot of money for my bungalow and I'm not having my summer ruined by some anti-Semitic politician.

I think they mean when you go to town.

What do Gdolim say about the potential of more anti-semitism?

If Gdolim would say to wear masks, would you still say the same, as above?

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:57 pm
it is not a contest

simply an observation

I am in favor of wearing masks and SD

(pretty sure the my body my self feminist slogan was some satire...)

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Oh, I'm bitterly sarcastic.
I think not wearing a mask is completely absurd and inexcusable.

I thought the last like when I said we don't care about you made it quite obvious. How dare we make such a chillul Hashem.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:58 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
We don't care.

My body my choice.

For the love of everything holy

How is this letter antisemitic

And who wouldn't become one after your last line

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:59 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:

Just more proof that SDNWOI (Sarcasm Does Not Work On the Internet).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:59 pm
amother [ Babyblue ] wrote:

Amother Burlywood says she was being sarcastic.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:00 pm
wake up people
someone is just stirring the pot

you do not have to take the bait

or think so low of your fellow Jews chas v sholom

or think Jews have to accommodate some double standard while yes making a kiddish Hashem

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:01 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
Just more proof that SDNWOI (Sarcasm Does Not Work On the Internet).

Poe's law

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:03 pm
By now there are more gun related deaths in NY than covid deaths. We should wear bullet proof vests instead of masks.
Walmart and many other stores don't allow in without a mask and you can't expect people to SD or wear a mask in their bungalow colonies.
I wouldn't take these letters so to heart, these people are waiting months to publicize this letter and and there will be many more this summer.
You should delete the "no one wearing masks" from the title because I was at Walmart and every single person was wearing a mask. Masks are worn in stores that require masks.

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:10 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
By now there are more gun related deaths in NY than covid deaths. We should wear bullet proof vests instead of masks.
Walmart and many other stores don't allow in without a mask and you can't expect people to SD or wear a mask in their bungalow colonies.
I wouldn't take these letters so to heart, these people are waiting months to publicize this letter abd and their will be many more this summer. Masks are worn in stores and places that require masks.

So go ahead and wear a bullet proof vest if you so wish.

What's with all these ridiculous comparisons? We have to stop resisting authority. Just. wear. that. freaking. mask.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:13 pm
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
So go ahead and wear a bullet proof vest if you so wish.

What's with all these ridiculous comparisons? We have to stop resisting authority. Just. wear. that. freaking. mask.

Everyone is wearing masks in places that require masks. Stores that require masks don't let you in without one.
As long as Jews are around there will be letters like this publicized.
They were waiting for the mountains to fill up so they can publicize this letter.
Happens to be many doctors are saying not to wear masks in the heat.
To start a thread titled "No one wearing masks" is just a lie.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:17 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
it is not a contest

simply an observation

I am in favor of wearing masks and SD

(pretty sure the my body my self feminist slogan was some satire...)

I have read that many times on this site in regard to refusing masks.

It is a solgan from abortion rights activists.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Joe Perrello
District 7 Legislator

Fallsburg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We must be careful about chillul Hashem!

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I’m assuming she was being sarcastic

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Amother Burlywood says she was being sarcastic.

Most of us were able to realize that

imasoftov

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:26 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Most of us were able to realize that

Poe's law
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics