Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Help me find a community

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:38 pm
My first plan is to move to israel but if that doesn’t happen in the summer, my second plan is to move out of NYC because we’ve been living in a tiny apartment for too long and can’t afford here larger apartments.

If we move to a new community, this is what I’m looking for...

-Not more than 2 hours from NYC
- affordable houses ranging not more than $300,000.
- safe neighborhood, where you feel “safe” with your non Jewish neighbors.
- friendly, non judgmental Jewish community, doesn’t have to be a big one
- big big plus us if we move close to a sepharadic shul. My husband is sepharadic and would like to stay near sepharadic shuls
- walking distance to kosher supermarkets, parks, mikvah
- excellent Jewish schools in the neighborhood that gives vouchers and or tuition assistance.

Any ideas?

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My first plan is to move to israel but if that doesn’t happen in the summer, my second plan is to move out of NYC because we’ve been living in a tiny apartment for too long and can’t afford here larger apartments.

If we move to a new community, this is what I’m looking for...

-Not more than 2 hours from NYC
- affordable houses ranging not more than $300,000.
- safe neighborhood, where you feel “safe” with your non Jewish neighbors.
- friendly, non judgmental Jewish community, doesn’t have to be a big one
- big big plus us if we move close to a sepharadic shul. My husband is sepharadic and would like to stay near sepharadic shuls
- walking distance to kosher supermarkets, parks, mikvah
- excellent Jewish schools in the neighborhood that gives vouchers and or tuition assistance.

Any ideas?

I live in Baltimore. Other than the distance to NYC, my block meets the rest of your criteria. My house was 200k, I live super close to 2 sefardic shuls, the nicest non Jewish neighbors, and very walkable to the kosher grocery store. Baltimore is very “to each their own” and non judgmental. No vouchers but the schools are very generous with tuition assistance. And yes, the schools are amazing.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:50 pm
Hatzlocha Op with Israel -- I am very concerned about what will be considering the election is November. Hopefully only good....still if Israel is in the running I say go for it and wish you much hatzlocha

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:58 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Hatzlocha Op with Israel -- I am very concerned about what will be considering the election is November. Hopefully only good....still if Israel is in the running I say go for it and wish you much hatzlocha

Thank you. I’d love to do the big move but I’ve been looking at prices and got discouraged, we barely have money in any savings and it would be even hard to pay for a lift. If we move to a different community here, my husband will still have his job(he is ok with commuting). But of course israel was my first choice.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:02 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I live in Baltimore. Other than the distance to NYC, my block meets the rest of your criteria. My house was 200k, I live super close to 2 sefardic shuls, the nicest non Jewish neighbors, and very walkable to the kosher grocery store. Baltimore is very “to each their own” and non judgmental. No vouchers but the schools are very generous with tuition assistance. And yes, the schools are amazing.

Which area are you in (zip code) if I do a search out of interest?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating