Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I hate how fat I am

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 3:03 pm
I hate how my stomach sticks out. I hate how I look in my clothes. Every part of me wants to be skinny but I can never manage to stick to the hard work. I don't eat junk food. I eat healthy and well. But I can never consistently work out. I try to do it and every streak lasts a week or two or maybe three and then I stop. I don't enjoy working out and I can't keep it as part of my day. I haven't lost any weight and I hate it. I work so hard for weeks and weeks and I see no results and so I stop. Every time. How can I keep working out when I hate doing it? I hate being fat but I hate working hard. I wish there was a shortcut.

Sad

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 3:12 pm
What height and weight are you?
How many calories do you eat a day?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 3:14 pm
Do what you can. If this is all you can do now, don't beat yourself up, and get clothes that fit well and that you like. And accessories too.

healthymom1

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 3:14 pm
If working out is your main thing I bet you can find a kind of workout you enjoy there are sooo many options!
Running (just start cuz its awesome!)
HIIT 20-40 minutes
Strength training
Dance workouts
Kickboxing
Zumba
Walk
Crossfit
Cycling
Yoga
Pilates
I mean there are many many more options. You need to find one that you love Nd enjoy. Make that the goal to find one you enjoy

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 4:45 pm
1) weight loss is 99% in the kitchen. You may need to adjust what you’re eating. Tweak your food til it works for you.
2) I’m five one and started working out after losing about 100 pounds but am still overweight. I noticed three months in how tones my muscles were. And I’m still 80-100 pounds overweight. If you are being consistent the changes are happening. They may not be happening where YOU want, but they are happening.
3) if you feel good, and you are maintaining or losing slowly, you’re probably doing the right thing. Be persistent. Be happy! Enjoy your life! Don’t wait til you get to goal weight to be happy!

lamplighter

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:21 pm
Weightloss is over 90% what you put in your mouth and very little about exercise.
Exercise will help tone your muscles and keep your metabolism steady but it wont really drop the lbs.
Just focus on healthy choices as best you can and start practicing body positivity.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:41 pm
Just want to say I really really know how you feel
I wish there was a magic pill or something I’m sick of doing this for so many years
And yes I know all the tricks and tips it just doesn’t help
I get you!!!

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:43 pm
Weight loss is mostly your diet and very little about exercise.

Exercise is great for feeling good, staying healthy, and maintaining your diet.

First focus what you eat.

Some people need low carb high protein/fat and some need to limit their calorie intake and some need to avoid refined processed food etc. One diet doesn't work for everyone.

I happen to be lucky that I need to reduce my calories and limit my carbs to lose.

causemommysaid

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:44 pm
Oh and drink tons of water. At least 8 cups a day if not more

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 5:56 pm
I feel you, OP. I'm struggling with my weight my whole adult life. It's frustrating because I eat very healthy and I exercise - and I enjoy both... these things make me feel good. But I have anxiety and I tend to binge eat a couple nights a week - enough to screw up all my good work the rest of the week. It's a challenge that is so painful to me. I hate how I look. I hate not having nice clothes that flatter. I hate being the heaviest woman in the room most times. I hate that Hashem gave me this particular challenge. I hate that it effects my marriage. I hate it, I hate it.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 8:23 pm
I’m so sorry for you. Even those of us that can’t relate to the weight issue would probably change some aspect of their physical appearance, given the choice.
Please be accepting of your imperfections. Focus on the (inner and outer) beautiful parts of yourself . Smile a lot and be a person who brings joy to others, and is a pleasure to be around.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise