Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Lunch Programs

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 8:23 pm
Hi
Looking for a clarification. If someone were to travel out of state. Which is permitted are they able to pick up lunch programs in another state. These programs are federally funded. Also if the point of these meals are to ensure that children have access to food, it makes sense that they can pick up food in another state. Is there something I am missing?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 8:58 pm
The state administers it, the money was already allotted to states I imagine based on counts. Would one person make a difference? No. But as a policy, they have to have numbers based on residency....

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 9:01 pm
Every school and district gets funding according to how many kids registered or live there. So if you take food from a different state, you might end up taking away from kids registered there.
Really you're supposed to go to the public school closest to where you live. This is how the funding is alloted to make sure everyone gets food.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 10:18 pm
Not every school district provides free lunches regardless of income.

I would imagine it would depend on how lenient a particular school district is in terms of distributing and verifying residency and enrollment in the school. Do you know whether you will be in a location where there is free school lunches for anyone who shows up?

New York City is particularly lenient since free lunches are available to all children regardless of income throughout the year. During the pandemic the free - no questions asked - food was also expanded to included adults.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics