Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
NY quarantine

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 2:14 pm
Cuomo declares a quarantine to those coming into NY from certain states, including the one that we live in. What exactly does this quarantine entail? I don’t want to break the law but we were trying to come in to see family.
Can we stay in the same house as other family members? Interact with family as long as we don’t leave the house? Have married siblings and their families come say hi?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 2:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Cuomo declares a quarantine to those coming into NY from certain states, including the one that we live in. What exactly does this quarantine entail? I don’t want to break the law but we were trying to come in to see family.
Can we stay in the same house as other family members? Interact with family as long as we don’t leave the house? Have married siblings and their families come say hi?

You must quarantine for 2 weeks

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 2:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Honestly, now is not the time to come visit family and for non emergency travel, especially from a city with many cases. Quarantine means alone in a house for 14 days. No staying with other family members and no one coming to visit unless they'll quarantine as well.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 2:36 pm
The rules are set forth here

https://coronavirus.health.ny......y.pdf

NY is just starting to open up. However, due to increasing numbers in other places, NYC has delayed allowing inside eating. Personally, I wouldn't do it anyway. But it will hurt small businesses. Let's all do our best to follow the rules to help reopen these places, and save lives at the same time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics