Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Do you live in Givat Zeev, RGZ, or Agan Ha'ayalot?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 1:16 pm
We are seriously thinking of buying an apartment in EY and considering the general GZ area. I have a bunch of questions and was hoping to get some clarity.

--What's the story with the Green Line? Is there any risk associated with it? Is the area safe? Do you have to pass through Arab areas to get to Yerushalayim or other places?

--Are RGZ and GZ gated communities? Is there a security guard at the entrance? Multiple entrances?

--Are there people who own an apartment who just come for yamim tovim and vacations and don't live there full time?

--What does home insurance cost? Are there any other monthly fees (besides utilities)? What about Arnona, taxes,...etc? Who do you pay taxes to (is it the government, or builders?) Do you get any benefits from the tax money?

--Are prices negotiable?

--Would you recommend us going through a real estate agent, or someone like Shia Getter to help us with the process?

--is Givat Zeev still selling apartments on paper or is everything built already?

Any and all answers are helpful! TIA!

amother
Lilac

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 1:17 pm
following along b/c we're also considering givat zev!

#Happymom

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 2:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are seriously thinking of buying an apartment in EY and considering the general GZ area. I have a bunch of questions and was hoping to get some clarity.

--What's the story with the Green Line? Is there any risk associated with it? Is the area safe? Do you have to pass through Arab areas to get to Yerushalayim or other places?

--Are RGZ and GZ gated communities? Is there a security guard at the entrance? Multiple entrances?

--Are there people who own an apartment who just come for yamim tovim and vacations and don't live there full time?

--What does home insurance cost? Are there any other monthly fees (besides utilities)? What about Arnona, taxes,...etc? Who do you pay taxes to (is it the government, or builders?) Do you get any benefits from the tax money?

--Are prices negotiable?

--Would you recommend us going through a real estate agent, or someone like Shia Getter to help us with the process?

--is Givat Zeev still selling apartments on paper or is everything built already?

Any and all answers are helpful! TIA!

Hi!
We're currently renting in Agan Haayalot, so will answer to best of ability...

Yes, we are over green line, (I only know bc my dh once mentioned it and I had no idea, but it's perfectly safe!) but we do not pass thru any arab area to get to yerushalayim, givat zeev is straight down Golda Meir.

They are gated communities, from main gz entrance, guard will more or less allow all israeli cars in, altho from the Agan Haayalot entrance, you can only come in if your car is registered as living in gz - you get a permit sticker. Not sure bout rgz, altho they do have security.

In rgz, ppl often only own aptments for vacation, but in agan haayalot, basically everyoone lives full time.

This q im not sure bc we rent, altho arnona goes to the moatza -council. Monthly fees is arnona and a little bit for security.

Most of gz is fully built, there are a few buildings still going up, but I dont know if you have the option of buying on paper anymore...

Hope this is helpful, pls ask anything else you may want to know! Agan haayalot is a great, warm and friendly community!!! We're loving it here bh

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:01 pm
Is this a multiple choice or yes/no question?
If the former, C
If the latter, yes

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:10 pm
There are no gated communities here. There is a security booth at every entrance to the whole city, but each community within is open. There are presently 3 entrances, one that will open soon.
There are a handful of vacation hones in Agan Haayalot, many more in RGZ, but there is a decent community there too.
Home insurance depends on what duration you buy and what your policy includes. (Iow, idk)
Are prices for what negotiable?
There are local agents who have more knowledge than general agents.
Givat Habanana Is nearly built as is most of RGZ.
I have not seen any local ads for diras on paper. I wouldn’t know where they would put them.

Do you know much about the community?

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 3:43 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Givat Habanana Is nearly built as is most of RGZ.

Sorry if off-topic, but is that really the name of a neighborhood, or an amusing auto-correct?

#Happymom

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 4:31 pm
Its the name of a few new buildings in agan haayalot. Yup, we all like the name☺☺

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 5:57 pm
Thank you for your responses!

Lymnok--the question about prices being negotiable, I meant like if they say a dira is 1 million shekel, is it acceptable/common to negotiate a lower price. I know that in general it is acceptable to negotiate prices in Israel but wasn't sure if it's the same with real estate.

I have a good friend living in Agan Ha'ayalot and she provided me with some nice info.

I'm happy to hear more about it, though. I'm pretty sure you live there. Is there any info that you think we should know since we're seriously considering buying in the area?

Also, question to anyone: Do you know any English speaking real estate agents who are well familiar with the area?

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Jul 22 2021, 10:50 pm
Can anyone tell me about a mikvah in any of these places? I cannot find one online. I read they built a beautiful one in rgz but I cant find contact info. I am not from there but will be there for a few days and will need to go. Thank you

#Happymom

Post Fri, Jul 23 2021, 10:47 am
There are 2 in Agan Haayalot. One is on the corner of Rechov Haofer and Rechov Haayalot - entrance on Rechov Haofer. The other one is much further up the road, the first building on Rechov Haayalot. Entrance through the side next to building number 3.

msinalaw

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 12:54 pm
HI OP
Were you able to get some answers?
Were you able to find a trustworthy real estate agent?
Please let me know
Thank you

Iymnok

Post Thu, Mar 24 2022, 12:58 pm
There’s not much available these days in Agan HaAyalot.

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Jul 05 2022, 12:54 pm
Can I bump up this thread? Interested in trying a year there asap
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions