Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Cybex or Bugaboo?
Previous  1  2

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 6:11 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
So I'm the recent Cybex priam buyer that didn't have my baby yet but I found it for really cheap and it was too good to pass up.
I had a bugaboo in the past.
The Cybex is much simpler to fold and folds more compact. The frame only weighs 11lbs. I'd love to couple it with the Nuna lite carseat which only weighs about 5lbs (vs 9-13lb) but I can't get past the price point yet.
I don't think they make them with bassinets anymore since the seat lies down flat but I'm not 100% sure about that, you'd have to check the site.
The hood is way better than the bugaboo. It extends further and has a peekaboo mesh to see your baby when it's not facing you.
If you're ready to spend full price or close to it you can choose from a really pretty selection of colors and designs. For me price was a big factor so I got the black. I'll put in a pretty carriage liner, I guess.
Bugaboo does seem to have easier replacement options than Cybex. For example you can purchase different hood colors, replacement wheels etc...I couldn't find a U.S. website that sells that for Cybex.

Yes go with the nuna car seat. I made the mistake of going with the cybex car seat the first time around. As cool as it looks, my giant 99+% baby weighed it down, and I could barely lift it!
With baby #2 I got the nuna pipa. Wayyyy lighter! And my baby is, once again, 99+% LOL

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 6:13 pm
amother [ Saddlebrown ] wrote:
I know not everyone has this sensitivity but I’m surprised no one mentioned that Cybex is a German company. I personally wouldn’t buy (what I consider to be) a big ticket item from a German company. Again, lots of people either didn’t lose family in the holocaust or make the argumwnt that it’s been decades since the war ended and the Nazis are long gone. But for those who ‘care’ they should know.

My grandmother, who was born in Russia during the Holocaust, bought me my cybex. Happily.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 6:13 pm
I’m noticing the bugaboo has so many different color options. I like the options a lot more than the cybex..

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 7:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’m noticing the bugaboo has so many different color options. I like the options a lot more than the cybex..

Yes bugaboo definitely has more color options and you can purchase them separately. So you can buy like 3 different color hoods and change them around.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics