Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Manifestation?
Previous  1  2  3  4

cbsp

Post Wed, Jul 01 2020, 8:14 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Thanks. I was hoping it would be on TorahAnytime too but I don't think so.

I can't find these particular shiurim on torahanytime.com at the moment.

I did find them on Kol HaLashon if that helps :

Rabbi Viener - On Chumash
https://www.kolhalashon.com/ne.....=True

https://www.kolhalashon.com/ne.....=True

I know that the concept of "ain davar ha'omed bifnei/lifnei haratzon" is discussed in many of Rabbi Viener's other shiurim as well - those may be somewhere on torahanytime.com

For the imamother who asked about what the point of davening is, Rabbi Viener discusses it at length in the intro to Sefer Shmuel in discussing the purpose of Chana davening for a child. There's also a whole series on tefillah "Asking for Guidance, Begging for Help"

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:56 am
I want to update this thread. Sara yosef’s it’s all in your mind is exactly what I was looking for. That book is 🔥
I’m going to buy the second book and am looking into Dina Friedman’s power series as well, it sounds like the course takes the concepts further.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 1:11 am
You can NEVER lose anything by having a positive attitude.

It's pretty simple, on a logical level. If you are a positive person, other positive people will want to be around you, and negative people won't.

If you are negative, sometimes even other negative people will avoid you!

By attracting positive people in your life, you increase your odds of having positive encounters and situations.

It's all about what you bring to the table, and how you think about it.

We can't pretend to understand why and how Hashem does or does not do anything. All we know is "gam zu l'tova", even THIS is for the good. Remember to be grateful to Hashem even when the answer is "no", because only Hashem knows why you were not supposed to have something, be somewhere, get that raise, etc. Just know that it is for the best.

zaq

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 7:40 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
This is a basic lubavitch idea.
Tracht gut vezain gut.

“Think good and it will be good.”

I hardly think that’s the same as hoping for a new Lexus and fur coat and you get a new Lexus and fur coat. Tracht gut is simply another way of saying “whatever happens will ultimately be for the best,” not “if you want something badly enough, you’ll get it.”

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 11:52 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
You can NEVER lose anything by having a positive attitude.

It's pretty simple, on a logical level. If you are a positive person, other positive people will want to be around you, and negative people won't.

If you are negative, sometimes even other negative people will avoid you!

By attracting positive people in your life, you increase your odds of having positive encounters and situations.

It's all about what you bring to the table, and how you think about it.

We can't pretend to understand why and how Hashem does or does not do anything. All we know is "gam zu l'tova", even THIS is for the good. Remember to be grateful to Hashem even when the answer is "no", because only Hashem knows why you were not supposed to have something, be somewhere, get that raise, etc. Just know that it is for the best.

I disagree that there is nothing to lose with a positive attitude. Plenty of times I have had a positive attitude and hoped for the best and things have been the opposite. It sets people up for disappointment IMHO. Personally I can’t bear long stretches with overly optimistic people.

Conversely, when I have been negative and expected the worst, I have frequently been pleasantly surprised.

My compromise is to be a pessimistic idealist and expect the worst but hope for the best.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

If anyone has more resources on this sort of thing please share.

I relate to anxiety issue. The antidote to anxiety for me was building trust.

Mussar, like chovose Ulevovos, Shaar Habitachon. Just the first chapter is itself a meditation on trusting Hashem.

I've been using these techniques, from Its all in your mind v2, (theres a fantastic hebrew language lecture by Rabbanit Sara Yosef on torah anytime thats a bit clearer than this translation), the secrets to miraculous salvation book, and rivka malka perlman's youtube Channel.

These resources, and my gratitude journal have been instrumental in my building emubah pshuta.

You can pay for Rachel Shaool or Chaya Hinda Allen's positivity/ bitachon courses. Many find them life changing: thry all build on the same techniques and are in an easy to digest format.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:25 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:

I've been using these techniques, from Its all in your mind v2, (theres a fantastic hebrew language lecture by Rabbanit Sara Yosef on torah anytime thats a bit clearer than this translation), the secrets to miraculous salvation book, and rivka malka perlman's youtube Channel.

These resources, and my gratitude journal have been instrumental in my building emubah pshuta.

You can pay for Rachel Shaool or Chaya Hinda Allen's positivity/ bitachon courses. Many find them life changing: thry all build on the same techniques and are in an easy to digest format.
Thank you! I don’t speak Hebrew so that isn’t an option.

I’m going to check out the YouTube channel you mentioned. Have you tried Dina Friedman’s power series? It sounds more thorough than Chaya Hindy allen. It looks like Rachel shaool is only in ny.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I’ve been reading up on manifestation lately. You believe that you’re going to get something you want or need, and after you believe wholeheartedly for some time it comes to you.

I’m wondering how to view this from a torahdig perspective?

I remember reading something similar in one of the frum weeklies. It was a while ago. Someone believed that hashem would give her an extension that she couldn’t afford, and she got it a few months later in some crazy way.

But it doesn’t seem to match up with what I’ve been taught about tefillah, bitachon and that hashem sometimes says no.

I’m tempted to try it but I’m worried that it’s inappropriate. But the weekly didn’t get any bad feedback from the story.

Thoughts?

Tracht gut vet zein gut. But believing it’s a guarantee to happen is not a Torah perspective. On the other hand, I heard a big Rov say if you’re overly worried about something, you can give it a koach to come true.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Have you tried Dina Friedman’s power series? It sounds more thorough than Chaya Hindy allen. It looks like Rachel shaool is only in ny.

I did DF parenting class. It was helpful but didn't get past class 11. Too involved and specific for me to continue.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:57 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Tracht gut vet zein gut. But believing it’s a guarantee to happen is not a Torah perspective. On the other hand, I heard a big Rov say if you’re overly worried about something, you can give it a koach to come true.

But that's manifestation. That what you think about you bring about (whether it's being positive and trusting or whether youre worrying) So that's why you have to focus on the positive. And because positive is more powerful than negative you have so much more opportunity to bring positive into your life.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics