Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
What is the cost of wired internet setup and thereafter?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 29 2020, 4:39 pm
In Israel, what is the cost of wired internet setup (such as Hot Cable), and the monthly charge thereafter?

All I seek is that Internet and Phone-plan be hooked up to Cable.
What would be the cost?

My current setup, to use as a yardstick:

I'm typing this on an external wired keyboard & wired scroll-mouse, both Dell, hooked up to the Lenovo Ideapad 330.

Both my internet and my VOIP phone-device piggyback on:
    Optimum Cable

The total cost per month for me is approx. $30, for:
    • Optimum Basic internet
    • VOIP phone which piggybacks on internet connection (that cost nominal-extra, prepaid, good for several years.

Both the latter for approx. $30/month
    AND it's low radiation (no WiFi, rather wired)

Very old-fashioned setup, including old-fashioned Targus USB hub, and old-fashioned large speakers by Creative, that are top quality. And old-fashioned USB HP-laser printer from long ago (1012 series)

WitchKitty

Post Tue, Jun 30 2020, 3:24 am
I can't tell you exact prices, because I never actually went around and checked everything, but I can tell you that the price depends on where you live.
Bezeq has almost anywhere. Hot is cheaper but doesn't have in many places.
Bzeq prices also depend on where you are.
For example,you can get Hot 500 mb gamer plan for 150, or 40 mb Bezeq FOR THE SAME PRICE just because you live somewhere else. Yes. Frustrating.
You can shop around different ISPs.
Landlines are usually more expensive than cells. You can look for different companies, according to your needs. They can come as part of your Internet plan but not always.
So, in other words, your Internet (I don't even know phone prices) will come out to anywhere between 60 and 160 NIS, depending on the speed and location.

Were you asking also about your computer and printer? Check zap.co.il

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 4:18 am
Thanks for the info, WitchKitty! Smile I don't game, just very basic low speed net. I don't suppose they even offer slow speeds in Israel.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 4:00 pm
wow, it looks as if hardly anyone here uses wired, but rather mostly WiFi?

Well, now you see why I'm nearly broke, because when I'm so sick with borderline electrosensitivity so that I dread wireless, how was I ever supposed to get decent jobs after my data entry jobs compromised me long ago... Believe it or not, I actually met someone here in the U.S. who told me she's electrosensitive too, but hardly any of us are meeting each other because the topic has all along been so suppressed by the techno powers-that-be. (That topic, and stem-cells for that matter too with exceptions such as Dr.Comella)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions