Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Saying Perek Shira

odchai

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 4:11 am
I've been trying to take on some new habits in my life during these hard and uncertain times. I would like to start saying Perek Shira for 40 days for yeshuas. How do others say it? Do you say everything including the intro at the beginning and the tefila at the end? In the book I have Nishmas Kol Chai is included do I say that plus Yishtabach and everything in between? I'm worried about how long this will take me to say every day. But I want to maximize all the kochot I can get from these tefillot. Suggestions appreciated!

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 5:21 am
Remarkable! I am married just over a half a year.. as an older single I lived on these special, warm, enlightening teffilot. I did say the entite teffila, beggining to end...
I admire you and I wish I can restart those beautiful habits.

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 8:47 am
I recommend listening to shiurim too, or reading any commentary. I've said Shir HaShirim and while I didn't see results on the time table I wanted, it gave me a great appreciation for the sefer and a greater connection and trust in Hashem. Hatzlacha!

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 8:50 am
I used to say Perek Shira our loud every day. I had a little pamphlet and just said everything from beginning to end. I loved saying it. It filled my heart with gratitude. I should get back into that habit. It was a good one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational