Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim ideas (I know its a bit early)
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 2:42 pm
my kids will be policemen
what can I give out for shaloch manos?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 2:44 pm
it's not early to me. I decide around shavous time to find the supplies and costumes in a timely manner.

hm..jail food?

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 3:13 pm
mmm bread and water.... Smile

....or doughnuts and coffee?

thanks for the reminder to start getting some things together!

trafficgal

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 4:23 pm
I like the idea of doughnuts and coffee!!! LOL

or you can make sugar cookies shaped as badges? or get a police style hat and use it as the basket??

shalhevet

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 4:36 pm
Sigh.

You're starting already.

Maybe this year dare to be different and let each child dress up to be whatever they want to. Make a pile of chocolate cakes in disposable tins, buy a few bottles of wine and add some tins of fruit and candies. That's how children in EY enjoy Purim. And so do their mothers (moreorless Wink ).

Why not have a we-are-not-having-a-theme-that-stresses-out-our-Purim theme this year? Drunken Smile Clown Drunken Smile

MommyLuv

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 4:39 pm
shalhevet wrote:
Sigh.

You're starting already.

Maybe this year dare to be different and let each child dress up to be whatever they want to. Make a pile of chocolate cakes in disposable tins, buy a few bottles of wine and add some tins of fruit and candies. That's how children in EY enjoy Purim. And so do their mothers (moreorless Wink ).

Why not have a we-are-not-having-a-theme-that-stresses-out-our-Purim theme this year? Drunken Smile Clown Drunken Smile

Hear, hear! Thumbs Up

BP MOM

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 4:58 pm
My girls want to be Kallahs. I just ordered yesterday online beautifull white gowns for $15.

Mrs. XYZ

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 5:04 pm
Shalhevet, you aint gonna change the world! or america! Wink

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 5:05 pm
I have a grand idea. have each kid make up a list of friends they want to give shalach manos to. give them each some money and take them to the store. let them know the requirements of shalach manos and let them pick. they'll learn halacha and money managing. and if they're too young for this, why work your head off? their friends won't notice a theme.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 5:13 pm
BP mom where did you order the white gowns from? My daughters want to be kallahs so badly. Thanks.

JMto2

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 6:31 pm
my SIL dressed her kids as policemen last year and she gave coffee and donuts it was really cute

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 7:36 pm
any idea for shalach manos for a fireman?
I'm ordering fireman hats for children and putting the stuff in it.
I saw chocolate molds for hat, pump, ladder, fire truck.
what else could I put in?? I was thinking a bottle of water, but I need more stuff.
thanks

Maya

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 7:39 pm
Am I the only one who doesn't match the shalach manos to the kid's costume? I have enough headaches, thank you very much. This is one crazy 'minhag' that I thankfully don't do. Rolling Eyes

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 7:44 pm
you're not the only one. though last year we all decorated ourselves in candy and gave out candy, but our shalach manos had a different theme (which we did as a gag for our friends and will probably not have the time, patience, energy, or desire to do again.) I've only done a theme that once, and I'm not doing it again. though I think I'll stop giving candy. one year I gave individual baked zitis and little orange juices, and everyone told me how grateful they were to eat something other than jellybeans until the seudah. why don't we abolish junk food?

myfriends715

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 8:07 pm
TRYING TO FIND SOME QUTE CHEAP COSTUMES FOR MY TWINS (THEY WILL BE AROUND 7 MOTNHS THEN IY"H) ANY IDEAS? PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE WHAT TO GIVE OUT

cindy324

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 8:23 pm
I never do themes because a) I'm not that creative b) I couldn't possibly be bothered. Anyways, this year Purim is on Friday, what's the point of going crazy?

imokay

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 9:29 pm
Quote:
any idea for shalach manos for a fireman?

my sis in law did it a few years ago- she gave out the food in a fireman hat (like from oriental trading) and she gave bottled water, and a "hot" snack to put some fire into the purim day- salsa and a bag of chips. I think she also threw in some hot tamales, but it could be I just made that up.

avimom

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 9:31 pm
I got one last year with hot potatoe chips and a ladder candy.

My sister wants to know if anyone has a poem or cute line to go with a pirate theme. Maybe something to do with haman's hat being a triangle like a pirate's hat???

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 9:46 pm
momtomor wrote:
Am I the only one who doesn't match the shalach manos to the kid's costume?

Actually this is the first time I AM matching my own costume to the bags and nosh and I'm very excited about it!

Tefila

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 10:01 pm
Quote:
TRYING TO FIND SOME QUTE CHEAP COSTUMES FOR MY TWINS (THEY WILL BE AROUND 7 MOTNHS THEN IY"H) ANY IDEAS? PLEASE ALSO INCLUDE WHAT TO GIVE OUT

Lechme Mishna, the canopy of a side by side stroller the challah cover, give out challah Tongue Out
This aint my idea actuially I almost did it with my twins but in the end they were 9 mnths at the time I made them a chassidishe chosson and Kallah. He wore a shtriemel that I made with lonmg peyos made from dolls hair and a tux jacket with coattails looked like a kapote on him. And she wore a veil made from lace for her head attached to a soft headband. With a white dress. They looked soooooooooooo cute if I may so myself though others who saw agreed too Smile
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics