Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Budget for first two years of child’s life?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:09 am
How much would you say does it cost in total during the first two years of a child’s life? Clothes/medical bills/baby gear/toys, etc. I would be staying at home, so childcare not necessary.

I know this is a very broad question, but I would really appreciate your best estimate. BH my husband and I have been married 1.5 years and are supporting ourselves. We’re trying to plan as best we can to be able to have a family.

Thank you!

trixx

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:12 am
You don't need a lot of gear, and everything can be bought secondhand. Clothes can be super cheap.
Medical bills depends on your insurance.
Its too broad of a question depending on lifestyle and needs.

Kiwi13

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:13 am
I have no clue how to budget it per year, let alone two, but the initial costs are probably at least $1000-2000 for stroller, crib, baby gear, etc. if you're basically economical about it. After that, I would figure out monthly budget for diapers, formula if needed, toys, books, etc. So many things are easy to get second hand. That's what we did for the vast majority of items. We bought new carseats, new cribs (lower end), etc. but used strollers, and lots of hand me down clothes and toys. I definitely splurged on some fun things, but we were on a very low budget and made it stretch as far as possible. Medical costs are dependent on your insurance and needs.

Rappel

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:13 am
Where do you live?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics