Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Best thing that happened to you...
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:18 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
Oh yeah! Us too!
Except it was zero colds. And guess what? Kids are now in day camp, boom, we all have a cold.

Yup same here Can't Believe It

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:23 am
I got a corn beef sandwich last week!
I am an essential worker and the hospital I work in was proving free lunch for staff. It was a long time until I was willing to leave my work area and go to public spaces like the cafeteria, and even then I didn't know that they had kosher food, so I was eating a Chobani and a banana. Usually they have kosher tuna and egg salad wraps, and I don't love tuna and don't eat egg salad, so usually I stick with the Chobani/banana, but one day they had corn-beef on rye! It made my day!

(Don't presume I lost any weight during this,- I know the chobani/banana sounds healthy. I go home and I binge cookies/chocolate/brownies/chips)
Btw, anyone who is not CY/PY and has a kosher Costco bakery, I highly recommend the raspberry crumb cookies).

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 8:41 am
Got to stay home with my newborn

A lot of s x (after postpartum mikvah obviously) because Dh didn't have work so we could be up late

Time for me to chill

Zoom gym instead of shlepping to the gym

I wish toilet training my 3 yr old would be on this list. Wish me luck!

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:38 am
Preparing for Pesach this year. We barely cleaned . It was our easiest Pesach cleaning experience.

Cheiny

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:58 am
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
Best thing for me was/is being an essential worker. I couldn’t stay home! Thank gd I have to go in! Second best (very close second) is the city’s regional enrichment program for kids of essential workers that has provided ‘school’, socialization, physical activity for my 5 year old, for free. This has been amazing for her and our family.

Thank you for your service. So I learned how to give the boys haircuts (!), am enjoying the extra time spent with them, made a lot of new recipes I wouldn’t have otherwise tried, and most of all, I’ve learned to appreciate my health b”H.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 2:02 pm
Didnt have to send my delicious baby to childcare! An extended maternity leave of sorts, though I was working from home. Never ever dreamed one of my kids would go so long without ever once going to a babysitter.

amother
Ruby

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 2:17 pm
I became more grateful and appreciative than ever before even

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 2:22 pm
Started Davening first week in.
Haven’t missed a day yet!

I haven’t davened a full shacharis since
High school. & now I can’t imagine starting my day any other way.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 2:24 pm
I'm alive

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 2:28 pm
I joined imamother thanks to covid

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 2:39 pm
I’ll tell you what didn’t happen- toilet training my 3 year old.

What did happen- I finally got pregnant!!

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 3:07 pm
I got pregnant

Beingreal

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 3:36 pm
I discovered how it is important connecting to loved ones....especially those who are far away.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 3:45 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I got pregnant

Me too!!

amother
Wine

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 4:45 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Honestly, I like when they check. I had shailos with my nails last month after the mikva which stressed me out. If I had them checked I would have felt more reassured, or she would have caught problems.

I asked the lady to check. I needed the reassurance. She did, reluctantly and I was so appreciative.

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 5:07 pm
Got to spend so much time with my infant bh. All my other kids were at the babysitter from 6 weeks old.
I really think I will have a special bond with her forever because of this
Also I lost a lot of weight!!! I used to work at night once my kids were sleeping but now no work = time to exrecise.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 1:31 pm
DH got unpaid leave for a month, which really helped us manage my HG. Probably because he was here I didn't need to go in for an IV or three. (I've had IVs with each of my other kids...)

amother
Green

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 7:18 pm
The very first month in, when I didn’t have babysitters (640 a month), cleaning lady (400 a month) and eating out (around 400 a month), I paid off my credit card debt and balanced my budget. It was amazing.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 7:26 pm
After months maybe even years of complaining about being a working mom I realized I actually missed my job! Was a great lesson to learn!

amother
Mint

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 7:57 pm
Dh who always worked long crazy hours was completely out of work but still getting paid. His sheer boredom propelled him to spend time with our family in ways he never did before.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics