Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
When do I clean?
Previous  1  2

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:34 am
I have kids a little older (oldest is 10) and I have a point system- they clean for me! Smile no cleaning lady Sad

But
WHY ARE YOU WASHING DISHES?
Time for disposables!!!

jewishmom6

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:43 am
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
I have kids a little older (oldest is 10) and I have a point system- they clean for me! Smile no cleaning lady Sad

But
WHY ARE YOU WASHING DISHES?
Time for disposables!!!

You dont use pots and pans?

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:46 am
I have robot vacuum and LOVE can't go a day without it

which robot mop?

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:07 am
I neaten up the kitchen and dining room after dinner and bedtime every night. Maybe 20 minutes- generally on the phone when I do it. My husband neatens the living room (5 min) before or after shul in the evening.

All other cleaning happens the day my husband is home (in my house it’s Friday, but whatever works for you). He takes kids for an hour in the morning for me to do the bedrooms and an hour in the afternoon for me to do bathroom and floors. In between there he takes an hour to do living room, fold laundry and vacuum carpets.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:26 am
Thanks for the responses. I’ve been trying to split up what my once a week cleaning lady used to do in one day into daily activities for myself. So vacuuming and dusting Monday, vacuuming upstairs Tuesday, linens on Wednesday, bathrooms on Thursday. Kitchen Friday. All that on top of regular laundry, dishes, cooking. On top of everything else involved in working and raising a family.

I have a roomba, the kids are a little scared of it but I can try to use it more. It always gets stuck I found it the past. The mop robot isn’t so helpful because I have mostly wood and carpet.

amother
Burgundy

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:37 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I highly recommend a robot mop. Not sure why more people don’t have one. A robot vacuum is probably great too, but we have high pile carpet and would need a very expensive one. For other types of carpet, you can get away with cheaper. And the mops are much cheaper.

Can you link your mop?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:50 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I highly recommend a robot mop. Not sure why more people don’t have one. A robot vacuum is probably great too, but we have high pile carpet and would need a very expensive one. For other types of carpet, you can get away with cheaper. And the mops are much cheaper.

I had one but we hated it. It didn't fit he job well. Which one do you have?

frieda967

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 9:39 am
Bump for mop link please?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics