Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Non distanced wedding
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:39 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
You are right. I said basically impossible. Not impossible. There haven't been new cases though.

(Also not sure if the "you" is referring to me or not but we tested positive so we know we got it, yes I know we don't know if we can get it again, thank you).

These assertions are ridiculous. Lakewood is not a closed community. No community is. Where are the waiters/waitresses/cook staff/etc at the wedding hall from? The band? The GUESTS?!?!

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:52 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
These assertions are ridiculous. Lakewood is not a closed community. No community is. Where are the waiters/waitresses/cook staff/etc at the wedding hall from? The band? The GUESTS?!?!

And ppl returning from Florida. Going straight back to school.
And if you travel for business don’t need to quarantine at all - so all these ppl mingling with the general public.

(The migration back from Florida is scaring local lakewood doctors the most right now)

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 10:56 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
One day was 5
Next day was 6
Next day was 10

These are not worrisome numbers at all. But if you look at other countries and how the numbers rose for their second wave then you see a trend.

No, numbers will not go up over night. But give it a few weeks and you will start to see significant increases especially if people are not careful.

I really hope that I am wrong about this. I have never wanted to be more wrong.
But throwing precautions out the window, when all the existing information we have says not too, is just foolish

Fri-sat - 10
Sunday 0
Monday 1
Tuesday 6
Thursday 10

It’s very important to know what those numbers represent. I personally know ppl who restarted in hospital positive weeks after being sick. They weren’t contagious but still included in the count.

amother
Mustard

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:00 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I guess it depends on which location. In some Lakewood sub-communities 90% of people already had it (my son's class tested 29 out of 30 positive for antibodies) so it's unlikely cases in Lakewood will get much higher. Still, even one person who gets sick is still a person who gets sick.

So many ppl in my neighborhood seemed to have it and tested negative for antibodies. A few retested because they were sure it was a testing error. And I know families were only half the kids have antibodies.
We were at a Purim seuda and at 2 simchos that week we know for sure we were closely exposed (hugging, kissing, sharing food, shaking hands) and bH we didn’t get it.
I’m not buying the whole the entire Lakewood had it theory.

Hamotron

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:07 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Doesn't it cost less when you keep it small and only invite immediate family?

I haven't been to any weddings in the last few months but I saw pictures posted from a few backyard weddings that were limited to 20-ish people and I have never seen anything so beautiful. When you have x amount of dollars in your budget and you are spending it on 20-30 instead of hundreds you can really be fancy and come in under budget.

As a COVID kallah myself, I can tell you that the issue with changing my wedding is that we've already put a substantial deposit on the original one. It would maybe have been cheaper if we'd gone the backyard route to begin with, but at this point we're going to be stuck paying for both.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:10 am
Whether you have it outside or you have it in a hall, but limit it to family only you certainly save money on the catering bill.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:17 am
Hamotron wrote:
As a COVID kallah myself, I can tell you that the issue with changing my wedding is that we've already put a substantial deposit on the original one. It would maybe have been cheaper if we'd gone the backyard route to begin with, but at this point we're going to be stuck paying for both.

Mazel tov! May you enjoy the simcha b'simcha, at an obviously good time.

southernbubby

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:20 am
amother [ Mustard ] wrote:
And ppl returning from Florida. Going straight back to school.
And if you travel for business don’t need to quarantine at all - so all these ppl mingling with the general public.

(The migration back from Florida is scaring local lakewood doctors the most right now)

Not only that but the newest mutation is more contagious.

ROFL

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:10 pm
My mother in a lakewood nursing home was positive twice. BH she was a symptomatic.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:23 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My sibling is getting married this summer In nj with no precautions. Both sides are struggling financially and so decisions are all being made with consideration to cost. I’m sure a lot of people won’t attend so it won’t be as crowded as usual. I’m so nervous about attending this wedding with my family but also I can’t miss it

I'm not sure why you brought up the consideration to cost and the lack of precautions. The most obvious precaution is having fewer guests which doesn't cost anything. If cost was no issue and they could spend whatever they wanted, what precautions would you want to see?
It sounds like you have to attend. Make some suggestions or see what you can do on your own to make yourself less nervous so you can be relaxed and enjoy.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 6:59 pm
There's no precautions anymore in NY / NJ in the frum world. I dont recall seeing any weddings with precautions anywhere anymore, only in Israel.
This isn't anything new or uncommon.

Raindropsonrose

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 7:20 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
There's no precautions anymore in NY / NJ in the frum world. I dont recall seeing any weddings with precautions anywhere anymore, only in Israel.

That’s certainly not true in the MO world. Unless that doesn’t count as frum? 🙄

southernbubby

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 10:53 pm
htb wrote:
That’s certainly not true in the MO world. Unless that doesn’t count as frum? 🙄

The colony in Loch Sheldrake next to ours is MO and they wear masks to shul and they are very careful about social distancing.

ladYdI

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 10:58 pm
Boro park is back to regular weddings, reg shuls, reg shopping, reg schools and day camps. Even sit down eating!

amother
Seafoam

Post Sat, Jul 04 2020, 11:08 pm
I'm a makeup artist. I did a few weddings recently in Brooklyn. Meal guests were limited but dancing guests unlimited (not sure what the cheshbon for that is).
Regarding my makeup, I understand those that aren't comfortable. But just so you know, I spray cosmetic disinfectant on all my products. My brushes get thoroughly washed and sprayed with alcohol after every event. Lip and mascara wands are disposable.
If you're bringing your own makeup and brushes I'll happily apply it for you but you (and me) are at a bigger risk sitting so close and breathing in the air we each exhale. So if you're worried you should be more concerned about that than the makeup and brushes I use.

Honestly, at this point I feel like the disease is just as serious as the myriad of other diseases that go around each season. So wash your hands and don't attend if you're sick but why drive yourself more nuts than you would at any other time?

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 12:16 am
southernbubby wrote:
The colony in Loch Sheldrake next to ours is MO and they wear masks to shul and they are very careful about social distancing.

THe people in the bungalow colony sit around with masks? Or they just don't interact with any other people outside their own family?!

That's the opposite of bungalow colony life Very Happy

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 12:32 am
Mama Bear wrote:

Passaic/Teaneck for sure still doing small scale.
Also know someone from manhattan just got married with tiny wedding. No dancing, masks.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 12:36 am
ladYdI wrote:
Boro park is back to regular weddings, reg shuls, reg shopping, reg schools and day camps. Even sit down eating!

True - and we live near Boro Park and have not had it. We all tested Negative for antibodies. Stores, day camps, and shuls in our neighborhood are open with no social distancing at all, and we feel like the last people in our community to still be wearing masks. . . It’s very difficult, but we feel that we are still at risk, and we are continuing to take precautions. It would be so much easier (and safer) if everyone around us would do so, as well Sad.

mig100

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 1:31 am
Mama Bear wrote:

Says you.

What a rediculous post. The shul my husband goes to in New York is VERY strict about masks. As are many others

I'm not saying that it's neccessary. Ur post is just ridiculously misleading and untrue.

Please don't spread rumors

And it's not mo

Last edited by mig100 on Sun, Jul 05 2020, 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 1:46 am
I am MO and in Teaneck.
Our Shul has outdoor davening in multiple backyards, limited to 19 each and SD spacing and masks are enforced. Each minyan has a Gabbai to run davening and a compliance-safety "officer" to ensure protocols are followed. You bring your own siddur/Chumash and your own folding chair if you want to sit.

My nephew is getting married after ט בעב and they are planning a small, outdoor wedding with masks.

I am very proud to live in a community which is following rules and takes the health and welfare of the Klal very seriously.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics