Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Non distanced wedding
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 2:43 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I'm a makeup artist. I did a few weddings recently in Brooklyn. Meal guests were limited but dancing guests unlimited (not sure what the cheshbon for that is).
Regarding my makeup, I understand those that aren't comfortable. But just so you know, I spray cosmetic disinfectant on all my products. My brushes get thoroughly washed and sprayed with alcohol after every event. Lip and mascara wands are disposable.
If you're bringing your own makeup and brushes I'll happily apply it for you but you (and me) are at a bigger risk sitting so close and breathing in the air we each exhale. So if you're worried you should be more concerned about that than the makeup and brushes I use.

Honestly, at this point I feel like the disease is just as serious as the myriad of other diseases that go around each season. So wash your hands and don't attend if you're sick but why drive yourself more nuts than you would at any other time?

Do you now know anyone who died?
Do you not see the amount of people dying every day.

I have a lot of words I can use to describe this attitude.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 5:56 am
There was a story with a hairdress who had corona and didn't pass it on to any of her clients because both her and everyone who entered the salon had to wear a mask. If you are both masked - makeup should be fine.

And of course brushes are washed and makeup artists use disposable lipstick and mascara wands - I got married way before corona and they did so for my wedding makeup.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 7:35 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:

Do you now know anyone who died?
Do you not see the amount of people dying every day.

I have a lot of words I can use to describe this attitude.

Yes. Too many.

In the beginning? Yes. Now? No.

Hospitals know better how to deal with it now. The mortality rate all over went down drastically.
Will there always be exceptions and people whom it's deadly for? Yes. Is that a reason to shut down life? No.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 7:57 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
I am MO and in Teaneck.
Our Shul has outdoor davening in multiple backyards, limited to 19 each and SD spacing and masks are enforced. Each minyan has a Gabbai to run davening and a compliance-safety "officer" to ensure protocols are followed. You bring your own siddur/Chumash and your own folding chair if you want to sit.

My nephew is getting married after ט בעב and they are planning a small, outdoor wedding with masks.

I am very proud to live in a community which is following rules and takes the health and welfare of the Klal very seriously.

And I am in Baltimore. Regardless of affiliation (Mo, chassidish, yeshivish, jpf, etc) all of the orthodox shuls who have been given the green light to open have all rearranged the rooms to accommodate for social distancing, everybody is inside is wearing masks (as per city and county guidelines and in concert with authorities). The Vaad here takes whatever local government allows and takes it to a more strict degree. For example, religious houses of worship are allowed to operate at 50% capacity but the Vaad only allows 30%. Yes, there are and always will be renegades who do whatever they want, like my next-door neighbor who has been vocal about going to the only minyan Who has been open this entire time. And that is very upsetting for everybody. But for the majority, everybody here is also being extremely compliant I am very proud of my city. Just last week, the Vaad sent out a letter because they were a few new cases in town, reminding us to be very very careful; it’s not close to over. And they wanted to make sure that we don’t forget that.

Things are slowly starting to open up and go back to normal. Baltimore seems to realize that if we comply with short term discomfort, you will reap the benefits. I am very proud of our community leaders and rabbonim who continue to take this very seriously.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 7:58 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
Yes. Too many.

In the beginning? Yes. Now? No.

Hospitals know better how to deal with it now. The mortality rate all over went down drastically.
Will there always be exceptions and people whom it's deadly for? Yes. Is that a reason to shut down life? No.

Shutting down life, no, but precautions such as masks and social distance, yes. America and Israel is peaking and hareidi areas of Jerusalem are now hard hit. My grandson, who is learning in Yeshiva in Jerusalem, is in bidud, and because of that, so is his brother who suffers from non-verbal autism. A Rebbe in his Yeshiva has the virus.
The death rates don't tell the whole picture. Some people are unable to work or do anything that requires the slightest exertion months after recovery. They are pulmonary cripples or have had strokes or developed kidney disease.
The elderly are still meeting their Maker as a result of this virus and a sickly child recently died of it in Florida. It doesn't always spare the young and the restless either.
I don't think that society is in a position yet to throw all caution to the wind. Treatments and vaccines are currently being studied but this takes time and people will have to be inconvenienced or made uncomfortable until then.
A Rabbi in the Country Vues had a few choice words to say about frum people trying to enter local stores that cater to the local population without wearing masks. And I also say to those Yidden, "who do you think you are?" Why does the non-Jewish Walmart manager need to inform you that the mask policy also includes chashuva Yidden? It's so embarrassing.
I'm proud of those MO Jews around here who respect those around them.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:38 am
Any new cases you know personally in the last 2 months??
Unfortunately people who recently died were sick since before pesach

southernbubby

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 1:12 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

Luckily I don't know anyone personally. I did see online where a frum camp is paused for starting due to a counselor testing positive.

amother
Vermilion

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 1:26 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:

NOT EVERYONE LIVES IN NY OR LAKEWOOD!!!!!!!

yes, I know many, many people who were just tested positive.
They don't live in Lakewood or Boro Park so they don't count, apparently.

And since your communities aren't locked down than you are at risk too

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 4:28 pm
mig100 wrote:
Says you.

What a rediculous post. The shul my husband goes to in New York is VERY strict about masks. As are many others

I'm not saying that it's neccessary. Ur post is just ridiculously misleading and untrue.

Please don't spread rumors

And it's not mo

Sorry, I was only referring to weddings.

soap suds

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 5:56 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
There was a story with a hairdress who had corona and didn't pass it on to any of her clients because both her and everyone who entered the salon had to wear a mask. If you are both masked - makeup should be fine.

And of course brushes are washed and makeup artists use disposable lipstick and mascara wands - I got married way before corona and they did so for my wedding makeup.

Can’t exactly be masked while having your face done. Smile

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 6:41 pm

Actually I have heard of cases being diagnosed in Lakewood within the past couple of weeks (in a relative's development). Some also in Baltimore.
As people are starting to travel out of state and visit family there will likely be more.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 6:44 pm
soap suds wrote:
Can’t exactly be masked while having your face done. Smile

Was at an SD wedding a few weeks ago. Kallah got make up done, everyone else was DIY. They all looked great! Other than chassan and kallah, everyone was wearing masks anyway. Even parents when walking down to the chuppah.

icedcoffee

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 7:07 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Sorry, I was only referring to weddings.

I know at least four couples in my friend circle who canceled their venue and recently did a zoom wedding instead. You really can't make a sweeping statement like that.

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 7:08 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Actually I have heard of cases being diagnosed in Lakewood within the past couple of weeks (in a relative's development). Some also in Baltimore.
As people are starting to travel out of state and visit family there will likely be more.

The cases diagnosed in Lakewood all came from Florida.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 8:50 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:

Makes sense. But still doesn't mean it won't continue to spread to others in Lakewood or wherever. Which is why it behooves pple to continue to SD and wear a mask, as well as limit size gatherings.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 8:59 pm
If you keep your mask on for the entire wedding, strictly, then you don’t need to take your mask off for makeup. Just get your eyes and forehead done.

In fact, this might be good incentive for you to not be tempted to take your mask off Tongue Out

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 9:28 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
If you keep your mask on for the entire wedding, strictly, then you don’t need to take your mask off for makeup. Just get your eyes and forehead done.

In fact, this might be good incentive for you to not be tempted to take your mask off Tongue Out

LOL

But but but pictures

Before the crowds arrive, of course

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:40 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:

Right.
From Florida

A contagious boy sat in a full class room
A contagious rebbe taught in a school classroom
It may have come from Florida but once it comes it is very hard to stop

Many older ppl I know who were just starting to venture out or go to their kids have been advised by their drs tobatop.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:01 am

We Brooklynit’s and Lakewooders are just reporting how things are doing in our community post corona.
Please feel free to say where you live and how things are doing by you!
Same for all the rest of you.
That doesn’t mean we are wrong and you are right!

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:03 am
icedcoffee wrote:
I know at least four couples in my friend circle who canceled their venue and recently did a zoom wedding instead. You really can't make a sweeping statement like that.

How recent was this?!
I haven’t had a zoom Brooklyn or Lakewood wedding in the last 3 weeks
All regular but smaller
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics