Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Puberty- uneven growth- pain?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 7:55 am
My daughter just turned 12 and has been cOmplaining about pain on one side of her chest since she started developing a few months ago. I don’t remember having pain when I developed but it’s been so long maybe I forgot. I asked the doctor and he said normal. Even only on one side. Yesterday she came to me again that it hurts on the same side still and I noticed the side with pain is clearly developing more than the other side.

I turned to doctor google (ughh, I know) who says asymmetry is very common but I don’t think I developed unevenly and wonder if others have but evened out? Is there anything to do but wait and see? What about for pain? (It’s probably more tenderness and discomfort. She is using the word pain but she tends to be dramatic. This certainly isn’t holding her. Back from anything).

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 8:11 am
Many women do not have the exact same breast size or shape. Many times they are just different.
I have always been different sizes of each breast. No big deal.

In terms of pain, Id wait it out if she is ok and not hindered by it. Give her some advil and see if that helps.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:05 am
Its called growing pains. Its painful!

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 1:52 pm
I remember being worried as a teen that one of my breasts was bigger than the other, but it eventually evened out more or less. I think one is still slightly bigger but it's not a big deal and definitely not noticeable.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 1:56 pm
I definitely remember the pain. It hurt for about 2 years. (I especially remember that catching a ball against my chest was very painful!)

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:31 pm
Thanks, glad to know this is normal. Anything that can help - besides Advil. I can't keep her on an endless diet of pain pills. Anything more natural?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children