Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DD constantly scratching "down there"
Previous  1  2  3

applesbananas

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 10:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
OP here. I completely forgot to post an update. Maybe this info will be helpful to someone with a similar issue. We saw a urologist with expertise in gynecology right before quarantine happened. She said my daughter has an enlarged clit0ris, which is not abnormal for her age, but because she is hypersensitive, she is constantly uncomfortable. The only thing we can do is apply desitin or similar cream and wait for the rest of her body to grow into its proper proportions.

Hi! Would u feel comfortable pming me? Im dealing with a similar issue recently...

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 10:44 am
Have you asked the doctor if Emla cream would help? If you could keep things numb long enough, you might be able to break the cycle.

Sometimes with sensory issues, discomfort, or itch, the more you touch it, the stronger the "feedback loop" in your brain gets. Stopping the loop is the best way to rewire your response to the feeling.

Even if you dilute the Emla with something like a baby lotion, it could be very helpful long term until she develops another coping mechanism for anxiety.

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:36 am
Rule out scabies.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 2:44 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
I just wanted to say I have had the same problem my entire life. I have to constantly figure out how to get privacy to scratch. It’s only where the hair is. Nowhere else.
Hydrocortisone helped but only temporarily. I tried those itch stopping creams. Some burned or tingled. I tried aquaphor cream and spray. It’s torture. I constantly get holes in my underwear. Always the same spot. When I have to wear white undies sometimes there’s a little blood there even bec skin gets broken. So embarrassing. I wish Hashem would send me the cure. I’m a regular put together lady! Age 35, have five kids.
Have showed the Ob gyn the dermo etc. Nothing has ever helped. Yes cotton undies. Maybe it’s psoriasis it’s excema but the dermo did not say it is. Ughh

That is uncomfortable. Have you tried lasering the hair? Do you wear tights and stocking? You might be sweating down there and causing the itchiness.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 4:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It doesn't. I had mentioned this in my original post; she never complained of itching. Just discomfort, feeling like something is bothering her there, but not itchiness.

So what it is? Constant org@sms?
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics