Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Purim ideas (I know its a bit early)
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 10:03 pm
For the fireman, red hots woudl be good. DD thinks that water is not such a coveted treat.

Tefila

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 10:04 pm
As far as me dressing up I love hats, my only time I can get away wearing a hat, which this year will be a classy oscar hat (second hand) with big brim, ontop of a sheital ofcourse Tongue Out

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 10:44 pm
I did fireman , policeman, nurse and did safety theme,

for plain fireman-put in a fire hat a spicy chips, water bottle, lasso....

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 10:52 pm
Every year I want to do a foot theme - Give out jam (toe jam), cheese (toe cheese), corn (corns on the feet) and put it all into a sock. But I don't know if people will get it...

amother

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 10:57 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Every year I want to do a foot theme - Give out jam (toe jam), cheese (toe cheese), corn (corns on the feet) and put it all into a sock. But I don't know if people will get it...

I don't even get it and I think you just explained it to us!

shanie5

Post Wed, Jan 09 2008, 11:15 pm
to those of u who are anti themes, I just want to say that we have a lot of fun planning our theme every year-the kids start asking what next year will be around shushan purim time Smile .
we all dress up in our theme, our shalach manos matches, and we write a poem to tie it all together. the shalach manos is never costly or elaborate, just cute and fun. like the year dh and I were chefs, the children dressed as waiters and waitresses and we gave out hot dog and french fry shaped cookies, a drink, and a honey stick (straw). red food gel was the 'ketchup' on the fries and yellow gel on the hot dogs.

shalhevet

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 2:43 am
Those who give water/coffee, I hope you give two chashuva (important) foods/drinks as well, because I don't think they count as shalach monos.

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 2:56 am
Last year DH and I wore our terry robes, he wore his sweatpants and a tshirt under his robe and I wore a tshirt and my 'stay at home broomstick denim skirt' under mine (I was also almost 7 months pregnant at the time) with a snood.

I made pancakes and an apple-strawberry compote and put those on a plate (well, the compote was in a bowl) along with a bag of choco, an individual pat of butter and a small schnaps-cup of maple syrup.

Our theme was breakfast and was SO appreciated.... most of the people we gave to upon seeing what we were giving exclaimed "This is PERFECT! I was just wondering what to eat now!"

My plans for this year's theme fell through so I have to change course and I'm not sure what we're going to do.

Someone I know once did as their theme an "anti theme-theme" it was cute...

maidale

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 4:45 am
BP MOM wrote:
My s want to be Kallahs. I just ordered yesterday online beautifull white gowns for $15.

Where did you get them? My older one is begging me to be a kallah, and I would like to make the younger one a chassan, but I doubt she'll go for it, so I'll just probably end up making them both the same.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 6:04 am
I want to do something with a stars theme for shalach manos. I saw star cupcake tins - I can get star candies. I want to say something about mazal dagim and stars and ....

Someone help, please....

amother

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 6:12 am
Mimisinger wrote:

Gross....dont don it.

Atali

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 6:13 am
For several years I made shalach manos that had all of the brachos in it (such as a roll, cookies, a bottle of grape juice, an apple, a banana, and candy, or something similar).

This year I want to do something different.

mamacita

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 6:14 am
Mimisinger wrote:

Puke but funny!

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 6:21 am
Two easy and healthy themes I've seen:

1. "Have a souper Purim" - give a healthy soup and soup mandlen

2. Go Bananas: a small loaf of banana bread, a banana, banana chips. put in a little basket lined with checkerboard (gingham?) fabric

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 8:06 am
Oh now I remember the idea I came up with... NS will be Godzilla, hubby will be King Kong and I'm going to be Mothra.

Haven't quite figured out what to give for Mishloach Manot though.

And of course the fact that we live in Israel, the cultural references are going to be lost on most of my neighbors.

Oh and ladies, remember - Purim is on a Friday this year! So maybe a challah and a kugel/salad or that soup is a great idea!

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 8:14 am
mamacita wrote:
Mimisinger wrote:

Puke but funny!

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter It was a joke ladies Rolling Eyes

Of course it's Puke that's why I never did it. hmmmm

Yudit

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 9:15 am
Last year my son was ups.I got ups boxes which was cheap and I filled it up with nash.It was really cute.Being that purim is on Friday I know of people giving shabbos food making a shabbos theme.

AGINY

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 9:34 am
[quote]any idea for shalach manos for a fireman?[/quote]

why not just any red food (ted hots, can of coke, small twizzlers etc.

madys

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 9:52 am
Tell me what you think about this - honestly please!!!

Every year, I make about 50 + shaloch manos, and we also do through our shul's sisterhood (you contribute $, and get one big basket, and it's like you gave to everyone on the list) - bottom line, it costs a lot of money, and who needs more junk????

So, this year, I was thinking about getting cards, saying that a donation was made to tzedaka, and attach a candy, instead.

Does this sound crazy?

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jan 10 2008, 10:01 am
madys, my parents did that last year and everyone appreciated it.
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics