Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Anyone doing SEIT this summer?
1  2  Next

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 9:33 am
Hi- so I am all zoomed out and starting work again Monday. So far it seems I am working over zoom, despite Cuomo saying special Ed allowed in person. I do think some seits are working face to face. So I am curious who is working as a seit this summer and how? Also-
Which agency? Thanks!

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:23 am
I am a speech therapist and I hope my agency will have cases for me.

Just wondering-why are you doing it over zoom if the governor allows it in person?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 11:59 am
Apparently the state approved face to face but the city hasnt or something like that....

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:05 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
Apparently the state approved face to face but the city hasnt or something like that....

Really? I watched a webinar for child cares (I have a playgroup) and they said we can have therapists and si/seits come in. Are your students going to camp or playgroup?

amother
Yellow

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:09 pm
I don't really know the different therapists etc, but I know we are resuming EI in person Monday.

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 12:27 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:

Oh gosh. I didn't realize that. I thought we would be allowed to go to day camps.

Why does the city have to be so difficult?!?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:13 pm
Maybe you can work in daycamps... I am so confused. Did they tell you to?

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:34 pm
I work for the NYC DOE, and per my CSE chairperson (this week), although the State has allowed face-to-face therapy, it is still not permitted in NYC.

amother
Ivory

Post Fri, Jul 03 2020, 1:35 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Oh gosh. I didn't realize that. I thought we would be allowed to go to day camps.

Why does the city have to be so difficult?!?

The city is not doing this to be difficult. It is out of concern for the safety of the children and their families, as well as the safety of the therapists

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 12:58 pm
amother [ Ivory ] wrote:
I work for the NYC DOE, and per my CSE chairperson (this week), although the State has allowed face-to-face therapy, it is still not permitted in NYC.

I heard now they are allowing services at doe face to face but not agencies ....

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 1:17 pm
My son has SEIT pendency, and we have been offered both in person and zoom sessions options through Yeled.
Same for Speech therapy, through Strive rite.
I do not think 1 agency is allowing and another is not. If it is allowed, all agencies will allow.
ETA another thing to take into consideration- the daycamp that I am sending my son to will not allow providers in, so that means SEIT will have to be in afternoon later which makes it extremely challenging. I am planning on continuing over zoom and not sure where to stick it in honestly.
Daycamp ends at 430, travel time etc I am not sure if I want to have SEIT at 515 or 6....

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 1:18 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I don't really know the different therapists etc, but I know we are resuming EI in person Monday.

So far there have been differences between EI, CPSE and CSE regulations....
I have a child in each age bracket.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 1:20 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
I heard now they are allowing services at doe face to face but not agencies ....

My sister is a speech therapist for DOE and they are still not allowing in person sessions as of yesterday. Unless you hear from a therapist who is currently doing face to face, I would not believe that they would have such a discrepancy without a huge influx of pushing back from all agencies and private schools (regardless of religious affiliation)

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 1:35 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:

Not according to my CSE chair . . . Neither are OK in NYC at this time.

Motherhood

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 5:18 pm
Cuomo said it’s ok face to face, but the DOE did not ok it yet

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 5:36 pm
Motherhood wrote:
Cuomo said it’s ok face to face, but the DOE did not ok it yet

Can you post article? Are we officially in Phase 3?

Motherhood

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 5:40 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Can you post article? Are we officially in Phase 3?

I didn’t read any articles about it, just this is according to the email I received from my agency. Phase 3 is beginning tomorrow

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 5:45 pm
Motherhood wrote:
I didn’t read any articles about it, just this is according to the email I received from my agency. Phase 3 is beginning tomorrow

Ok
I am just waiting for official clearence for my children to receive in person services, wish there was a way to confirm Phase 3 in effect for tomorrow. I guess we just need to wait and see.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 6:46 pm
Would love to, any know of agencies looking?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:38 pm
are you asking if they need therapists? since most cases seem to still be on zoom, there's a chance... many therapists aren't working on zoom. but for september...it'll be harder to find cases at an agency who don't know you
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics