Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Best electric mop
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:22 am
Looking for recommendations on an electric mop (whether it’s a “robot” or not.) We tried the bissell spinwave and cross wave and returned them. We have a swiffer wetjet. We’re looking for something more powerful. Any suggestions?

raich

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 7:22 pm
My mom has a Bissel Power Fresh steam mop which she adores. I have never seen it in action but she's a real balabusta and I trust her opinion on housekeeping products lol

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 7:52 pm
raich wrote:
My mom has a Bissel Power Fresh steam mop which she adores. I have never seen it in action but she's a real balabusta and I trust her opinion on housekeeping products lol

Thanks! So she regularly uses that for mopping?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 10:37 pm
The bissell.mop chewed up my laminate floor. Be careful

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 10:41 pm
I love the iRobot braava jet mop.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:30 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I love the iRobot braava jet mop.

Oooh sounds good! Tell me more! Is it the 240 model?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:31 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
The bissell.mop chewed up my laminate floor. Be careful

Yikes! We have laminate so good to know!

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oooh sounds good! Tell me more! Is it the 240 model?

Yes this is the one I have -
iRobot Braava jet 240 Superior Robot Mop - App enabled, Precision Jet Spray, Vibrating Cleaning Head, Wet and Damp Mopping, Dry Sweeping Modes https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....0ac70

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:36 pm
Yes this is the one I have -
iRobot Braava jet 240 Superior Robot Mop - App enabled, Precision Jet Spray, Vibrating Cleaning Head, Wet and Damp Mopping, Dry Sweeping Modes https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....0ac70

Thanks! And you feel like it really cleans your floor?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:40 pm
I love our iRobot Roomba. Tried the Braava Jet and it wasn't for me.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! And you feel like it really cleans your floor?

Yes, I sweep first, then use the dry pad and then the wet one. It’s small, so I block off the rooms and do each one separately. If you have a bigger house, you might want a bigger one. I also plan to buy an extra battery bec it runs out and needs to be charged after a room or two.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:45 pm
Yes, I sweep first, then use the dry pad and then the wet one. It’s small, so I block off the rooms and do each one separately. If you have a bigger house, you might want a bigger one. I also plan to buy an extra battery bec it runs out and needs to be charged after a room or two.

Thanks so much! I’m definitely going to consider getting this. We don’t have a big house so that shouldn’t be a problem. I’ll probably get from Amazon prime if They have free returns in case it doesn’t work well. We do have a robot vacuum we’re happy with so I guess we’d use that first and then use the mop. How long does it take to recharge the battery?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:45 pm

Oh also why do you use the dry pad first? What does that do? And how long does it take to clean a room if you do dry then wet pad?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:46 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much! I’m definitely going to consider getting this. We don’t have a big house so that shouldn’t be a problem. I’ll probably get from amazon prime if They have free returns in case it doesn’t work well. We do have a robot vacuum we’re happy with so I guess we’d use that first and then use the mop. How long does it take to recharge the battery?

I’m not sure.. probably a couple of hours. I also bought washable pads and the cleaner that can be used with that mop.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Oh also why do you use the dry pad first? What does that do? And how long does it take to clean a room if you do dry then wet pad?

The dry pad sweeps up dust and loose dirt. I like that because the mop isn’t just dragging all this dirt around when it’s on wet mode. I sweep first to get the bigger pieces. I honestly have no idea how long it takes.. of course depends on the size of the room. But I haven’t paid any attention at all.. it’s also relatively new..

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:54 pm
The dry pad sweeps up dust and loose dirt. I like that because the mop isn’t just dragging all this dirt around when it’s on wet mode. I sweep first to get the bigger pieces. I honestly have no idea how long it takes.. of course depends on the size of the room. But I haven’t paid any attention at all.. it’s also relatively new..

Ok thanks so much for the info!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:55 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I love our iRobot Roomba. Tried the Braava Jet and it wasn't for me.

What didn’t you like about it? And I thought the roomba was just for Vacuuming not mopping?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What didn’t you like about it? And I thought the roomba was just for Vacuuming not mopping?

The Roomba is just for vacuuming. I loved it so much, that I bought the Braava too. It is flimsy, slow, makes everything very wet. It uses water only and holds very little of it in the tank so you have to keep refilling. It wasn't really for us. I wished I could have left it to mop while I was out of the house like I do with the Roomba, but it's not designed for that.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:09 am
ra_mom wrote:
The Roomba is just for vacuuming. I loved it so much, that I bought the Braava too. It is flimsy, slow, makes everything very wet. It uses water only and holds very little of it in the tank so you have to keep refilling. It wasn't really for us. I wished I could have left it to mop while I was out of the house like I do with the Roomba, but it's not designed for that.

And you never got a different type of robot mop to replace it?

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:11 am
ra_mom wrote:

Actually they sell a special cleaning solution that can be used with the mop.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry