Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
LDN as PANDAS treatment?
Previous  1  2

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 8:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We're on week 3, still titrating up to the full 4.5 dose.
so curious to know who your dr is

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 8:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Dc takes L-theanine and magnesium. What is NAC?

Which l-theanine and mag do you use?

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 8:59 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Which l-theanine and mag do you use?
l theanine from NOW. For mag we do mag malate from seeking health, mag threonate from NOW, mag taurate from cardiovascular health, and mag chloride and epsom salt ( mag sulfate) footsoaks

Oops just realized you weren’t addressing me

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 9:11 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
l theanine from NOW. For mag we do mag malate from seeking health, mag threonate from NOW, mag taurate from cardiovascular health, and mag chloride and epsom salt ( mag sulfate) footsoaks

Oops just realized you weren’t addressing me

Thanks for responding actually! I’m interested in hearing from anyone that uses these things and has experience! Why do u use so many different types of mag? Doesn’t have side effects? Who told you what to use?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 9:16 pm
We are not currently treating with antibiotics. Is this a mistake? To the amother who did months of Zithromax, did it "cure" the PANDAS?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 9:37 pm
I don't think there is a 'cure" for pandas. Like crohns, there is management of flares and ongoing autoimmune management to try to prevent more flares.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:58 pm
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Thanks for responding actually! I’m interested in hearing from anyone that uses these things and has experience! Why do u use so many different types of mag? Doesn’t have side effects? Who told you what to use?
mag is a cornerstone of our treatment. Magnesium deficiency is often at the very root of autoimmunity and inflammation and other symptoms that we see with pandas. And very hard to get cellular levels up. Which is why we do oral and transdermal. Transdermal gets levels up faster because it bypasses the gut. Multiple oral forms because each form has slightly different benefits. If you see adverse reactions it’s probably because you’re not getting enough electrolytes to balance the extra magnesium. If you use the right forms you shouldn’t be getting loose stools.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:59 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I don't think there is a 'cure" for pandas. Like crohns, there is management of flares and ongoing autoimmune management to try to prevent more flares.
I think remission is possible, though difficult to achieve. One would need to address all the root causes that contributed to the development of the disorder.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 12:32 pm
OP if you're still on here, would it be possible to share who prescribed the LDN for your child? I'm desperately looking for a provider who will do this. And also I'm wondering how your child is doing now all this time later. Was the LDN helpful at all?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 4:40 pm
Still here.
Dr Vivian DeNise in Rockville Centre NY.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 5:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
Still here.
Dr Vivian DeNise in Rockville Centre NY.
Thank you! Any idea if she does telehealth appts?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 27 2023, 10:38 pm
I'm sorry I don't know

Mother123

Post Wed, Jun 14 2023, 6:02 pm
Dr. Hila Handler will prescribe LDN also by telehealth appointments her website is ldndoctor.com

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jun 14 2023, 11:14 pm
Mother123 wrote:
Dr. Hila Handler will prescribe LDN also by telehealth appointments her website is ldndoctor.com
Good to know! We ended up getting from Ldndirect.com
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics