Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Looking for a food pick up in Monsey
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 05 2020, 11:18 pm
I'm really desperate for food right now. Fell on hard times . I see my neighbors always posting their boxes of food they got delivered and it seems so unfair they get tons because they have kids yet they don't really need it. I have only my baby so I never signed up for the program (when it first started it was specifically for kids over age 2 )
Anyway at this point I'm ready to take whatever I can. But I also have this sense of embarrassment I dont know why.. Does anyone know of any places where you can drive up and they don't ask any questions and just put a box in your car ? And I can drive away?

Violet123

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:45 am
I have tons of extra
Milk
Orange juice
Apple juice
Chicken nuggets
French fries
Etc
Etc
If you'd like please pm me

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:27 am
OP, there is a drop off for people with extra food to drop it off for others to benefit on horton in bates....would you feel comfortable picking up from there?
Maybe you can ask your neighbors if they have extra to share, I know in my neighborhood we are all looking to share/get rid of our extras and would happily give you some food.
Most pickups are for 1 day old till 18- maybe sign up now and you can start getting as well. Once you get there they don't ask any questions, just what size box? How many kids?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:08 am
Bais Yakov has pickup for the public every Teusday. I'll try to find out the address. Viznits has for the public every Sunday from 8-9 at the cheder building on Elyon road. Note that the line is long and can take time. Tomchei shabbos has every Sunday at their warehouse.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:19 am
Thanks violet but I don't feel comfortable picking up from people I would rather a place that's anyway giving out food. Though if I can't get myself some stuff in the next 2 days then maybe I would have to swallow my pride anyway..

Honeydew where can I sign up now that is still taking new people?
And chartreuse I'm so sad I missed the vizhnitz pickup yesterday. Can you find out the address of the Tuesday pick up? Thanks so much.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks violet but I don't feel comfortable picking up from people I would rather a place that's anyway giving out food. Though if I can't get myself some stuff in the next 2 days then maybe I would have to swallow my pride anyway..

Honeydew where can I sign up now that is still taking new people?
And chartreuse I'm so sad I missed the vizhnitz pickup yesterday. Can you find out the address of the Tuesday pick up? Thanks so much.

My BIL said I should call him in the evening he'll give me the information.
Viznits is every Sunday so keep it in mind for next week.

Violet123

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:24 am
I understand
Just figured if you can't get I get sooo much
Hatzlocha!!!
If you change your mind(you're not the only one in this boat)you can pm me

happyone

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:29 am
https://I.imgur.com/OQgDEux.jpg

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 10:46 am
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
My BIL said I should call him in the evening he'll give me the information.
Viznits is every Sunday so keep it in mind for next week.

thanks
Is that 8 to 9 am or pm? for viznitz

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 10:47 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks
Is that 8 to 9 am or pm? for viznitz

PM.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 11:36 am
Text to YDE food program 8456758445. Ask if you can still get on. Theyve been offering delivery or pickup (drive thru). Once a week.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:07 pm
I texted 2 places . one didnt get back to me the other- the YDE sent an automated response and a form to fill out and then sent another automated response that food is available to be picked up today at Nikolsburg Plaza on 306.

does anyone know if that's true?

Can I pick up from there today? or was that an automated response.
Because I heard they only give out once a week now.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I texted 2 places . one didnt get back to me the other- the YDE sent an automated response and a form to fill out and then sent another automated response that food is available to be picked up today at Nikolsburg Plaza on 306.

does anyone know if that's true?

Can I pick up from there today? or was that an automated response.
Because I heard they only give out once a week now.

Makes sense, Munkatch yeshiva is there. YDE is Munkatch food program, they give good stuff.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 12:48 pm
Does bye and yde give out different foods?

esuss

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 2:10 pm
(BASMIKROH) This is a message regarding meal pick-up at the 381 Viola Rd site. If you are registered to receive meals and did not pick up yesterday, or if you are not registered at any other site, there will be a special meal pick up tonight between 6-8 at 381 Viola Rd. First come first serve.
Thank You.

I just got this test from them.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 2:32 pm
omg can I go to this ? If I just signed up to the YDE but never got any confirmation from them yet or any meal delivery?
when you pull up do they ask any questions or ask for name or confirmations?
I am feeling a bit desperate right now, and it would be a one time thing until the other YDE hopefully kicks in. But I wouldnt go if they ask any sort of questions or if you need to be signed up with them.

esuss

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 2:35 pm
When I go they just ask for how many portions you want. If they ask any more just tell them what you said here. It seems like they have leftovers from yesterday they are giving away.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 2:42 pm
op just saw your message, last night I was telling my husband that I don't have room in my freezer I got 3 boxes from viznitz and normally I get 1 please text me where u live so I can drop it off

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 2:43 pm
Ok thank you. where do you pull in? Is there some sort of protocol for getting it ? like do I get out of my car and park?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 2:45 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
op just saw your message, last night I was telling my husband that I don't have room in my freezer I got 3 boxes from viznitz and normally I get 1 please text me where u live so I can drop it off

Im so so tempted to say yes but Im too nervous. Maybe can I send a friend instead of me so Im not embarrassed and to meet you at a corner somewhere ?
Im gonna try to go to this bas Mikrah place first at 6:15 though and see what they have
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries