Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Spinoff- burntoff from cooking, wwyd picky dh
Previous  1  2

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:48 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
I confess. I don't eat chicken with skin or bones. I don't do dark meat, ever. And the only things I can tolerate from a crockpot are cholent and chili. I don't consider myself picky; of course, I most of the cooking.

Make a healthful dinner available to the family, then let them eat whatever parts of it they want. You can also cook extras for people with food aversions, so they can pull out some veggie chili from the freezer when others eat chicken on the bone.

Or tell them to cook for themselves.

BTW, if you have room, go for an air fryer. It may make your life easier.

Me too!!

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:48 pm
mushkale wrote:
When I run out of ideas for my very picky husband, the rule is that now he needs to come up with the menu. I'm happy to cook for him but he has to tell me exactly what and that includes main and sides otherwise he can have crackers and chummus.

If I leave cooking supper for my husband, btwn frozen pizza, pita, Kugels (from the freezer) and cereal with milk, he'll put together Punch something

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:50 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
There's no way I'd have married a picky eater. But if I had married one, I suppose that in the first blush of newlywedkeit I'd have catered to his tastes. That would have gotten old very fast, after which I'd have let the dear man know that I cook what I cook. If that doesn't suit him, the kitchen belongs to both of us and he is welcome to cook whatever pleases him.

But I knew this wasn't going to happen. Dh deplores picky eaters almost as much as I do.

Why do you deplore picky eaters (unless they impose their pickiness on you?) Supposedly I’m a picky eater (of course in my head I just think I only like good food! 😉) but when I go to family and they start asking for my input on the menu I just tell them to make whatever they want because I won’t starve. (I can always have challah and I get full fast anyways.)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics