Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Very frustrated.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:20 pm
Our oven and a/c need repairing and it's a week until anyone from the warranty company can come.
A week with no a/c , no oven, rambunctious kids, first week back at work, crazy carpool, a newborn...
Just feeling a little overwhelmed.

mamma llama

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:35 pm
Gosh, the fact that you are still typing coherent sentences is honestly commendable...! Hug

(Putting everything else aside, if I had no a/c in 90-degree weather, this would be me: Nervous - that's me losing my mind...)

If you need a reprieve, you are most definitely invited to the imamother ice cream party. I think Surplus said she's arranging it for us. Ice cream

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:42 pm
mamma llama wrote:
Gosh, the fact that you are still typing coherent sentences is honestly commendable...! Hug

(Putting everything else aside, if I had no a/c in 90-degree weather, this would be me: Nervous - that's me losing my mind...)

If you need a reprieve, you are most definitely invited to the imamother ice cream party. I think Surplus said she's arranging it for us. Ice cream

I got busy writing a novel. But yea, I feel your frustration. I’m also sweating for you. So here, Ice cream

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Our oven and a/c need repairing and it's a week until anyone from the warranty company can come.
A week with no a/c , no oven, rambunctious kids, first week back at work, crazy carpool, a newborn...
Just feeling a little overwhelmed.

I can relate to all. Well except my a/c is working. Oh, and my oven too. Wait, does 3 yrs old count for newborn if he acts like one? Oh and carpool was just recently replaced by buses. But yea, I can relate anyway. Only one answer to this madness Ice cream

Last edited by ExtraCredit on Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

avrahamama

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:45 pm
Well uuuuhhhmmmm BH your oven doesn't work. At least now you won't force yourself to heat up the house even more....

Seriously though. I'm sooorrryy. Turn on all the fans. Blast the car AC during carpool. Snuggle your newborn. And zei gebentched! (Is that what they say?)

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:47 pm
avrahamama wrote:
Well uuuuhhhmmmm BH your oven doesn't work. At least now you won't force yourself to heat up the house even more....

Seriously though. I'm sooorrryy. Turn on all the fans. Blast the car AC during carpool. Snuggle your newborn. And zei gebentched! (Is that what they say?)

You’re right on target!

crust

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:54 pm
Can you get a portable AC for $100 at least in one room so you get some cold air?

I get a headache from the heat.

I'm sorry. It's hard to live in 2020 without these necessities. (I know they used to be luxuries...)

amother
Orange

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:05 pm
I am sorry that you are dealing with this.

Can you get a free estimate on what it would cost you to fix this. Because, even when they cone out, they may not fix it that day. Many times these companies drag things out so you're paying more monthly fees.We had a similiar issue. It turned out that it cost us less to fix the problem than the many months the warranty company dragged this out.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics