Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Starting salary if entering work force in 30s male
Previous  1  2

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:35 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Don't worry it really IS fantasy. Unless you're related to the owner that is....

I mean you can argue with me all u want but in lkwd girls out of sem with zero experience get $22 an hr which is 40-45k and yes its s-xist but a 30 y.o man will generally make more. I said if ur lucky 60k. 50k is probably more the average...

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 4:36 pm
In Lakewood, men don't get 60k for a starting job with no experience. Doesn't matter how old you are m took my husband a few years to build up to that. And with supply and demand, wages don't rise very quickly!!

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:00 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I mean you can argue with me all u want but in lkwd girls out of sem with zero experience get $22 an hr which is 40-45k and yes its s-xist but a 30 y.o man will generally make more. I said if ur lucky 60k. 50k is probably more the average...

They get $18 to $20 dollars an hour to start, not $22 (maybe someone you know got lucky, but it's not across the board). Also, now that so many are laid off I doubt that the starting salaries will be as high... supply and demand and all that. I do happen to know that starting salaries for men is around the same. Imagine that!

Anyway, I think it's silly to focus on entry salary, look at salaries 2 to 3 years down the line. If you're starting at $15 but have potential to make six figures in a few years... it's worth it IMO. If you're starting at $22, but there you are stuck... maybe not so much. JMHO.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:14 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
Im in a lkwd family of a bunch if brothers and bils who left kollel early 30s all geshikt. Starting salary is around 60k if ur lucky. Look out fora job with potential for growth... if ur wondering why there are so many Frum accts and lawyers it's bec 60k is enough to get u kicked off of programs and youll be worse off than before work. They need to start at over 100k to make it worth leaving learning

In what world is the starting salary of an accountant, fresh out of school, $100,000? Maybe after a dozen years of experience and a CPA.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 5:52 pm
At my Lakewood company, the starting salary for warehouse workers is $15/hour, with room to grow. My warehouse manager has been with us for 5 years and now makes $9,000 a month plus benefits, he started in the warehouse with no prior work experience.

I’m currently looking for additional office help, salary of $25-$35/hour depending on experience, but I won’t hire anyone without strong computer and quickbooks skills.

watergirl

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:02 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
just asking to see what we can expect. Does anyone have a ballpark amount for general office/retail/business work for someone who is put together, professional but has no experience yet ?

In your OP you said
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What is a starter salary to be expected for a man with a good amount of business skills

So which is it? How does he have business skills with no work experience?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:31 pm
My husband always says that the mesiras nefesh for learning in kollel is not necessarily the years in kollel but the years after of finding entry level positions in your 30s or however old you are

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:34 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
My husband always says that the mesiras nefesh for learning in kollel is not necessarily the years in kollel but the years after of finding entry level positions in your 30s or however old you are

THIS a million percent.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:48 pm
watergirl wrote:
So which is it? How does he have business skills with no work experience?

Sorry- to clarify, he never worked for someone else however he has tried to run a business, thus he has a lot of business skills but no experience "working" for someone.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:53 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:

Lol. That's because they're all being supported during kollel.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 7:01 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
This
I'm a recruiter
Never had someone hire a candidate for a managerial position with no experience.

He can expect 50-60k in salary for an entry level position.

You say he has experience. If that's true then he is not an entry level.

I dont' know where you live or what you recruit for but seriously no one in an entry level position starts at 50-60k.

I'm working in a lakewood offices for 10 years and make 60k in a managerial position. I know that's low for a manager position but only someone working for 5+ years is making that much (without a degree)

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 9:50 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
In what world is the starting salary of an accountant, fresh out of school, $100,000? Maybe after a dozen years of experience and a CPA.

Out of the 5 I know well enough to know numbers (touro grads, none working in heimish places or family business type). 3 make 6 figures the other 2 make 80.

busy mommy

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 10:26 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
At my Lakewood company, the starting salary for warehouse workers is $15/hour, with room to grow. My warehouse manager has been with us for 5 years and now makes $9,000 a month plus benefits, he started in the warehouse with no prior work experience.

I’m currently looking for additional office help, salary of $25-$35/hour depending on experience, but I won’t hire anyone without strong computer and quickbooks skills.

How can I get in touch with you regarding the job?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries