Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Plus size elegant for 2 occasions- need more information

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:31 pm
I'm a bit depressed. I'm having a close wedding after shvous and making bar mitzvah shortly afterwards. I was planning on sewing up something but the seamstress where I was gonna go is not working now. I'm a big size and was desperate to try to look good that's why I wanted to sew something up. I don't look good in dresses. Where can I get something gorgeous now? Or do you know a seamstress in Brooklyn that is working or will be opening up soon and sews fast? It's really making me sad cuz I hate being fat. I wasn't always like this.

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 8:56 pm
Don’t know anyone open Sad

Can u buy something online and then have it tailored to fit you perfectly?

I did that for my sons bar mitzvah, it worked out really well. I got an idea of what it looked like on. (Yes mostly black.) then the seamstress hemmed the top to hit me right where it slenderized me the most.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 9:02 pm
amother [ Chocolate ] wrote:
Don’t know anyone open Sad

Can u buy something online and then have it tailored to fit you perfectly?

I did that for my sons bar mitzvah, it worked out really well. I got an idea of what it looked like on. (Yes mostly black.) then the seamstress hemmed the top to hit me right where it slenderized me the most.

Where did you buy?

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 9:40 pm
Yeah, I left that out because.... it was a store.

But I think u can order on web with free return shipping and hopefully find something. I find the little adjustments make a big difference when it comes to fit.

Good Luck

amother
Chocolate

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 9:46 pm
I don’t know your style.

I love this jacket, the black and taupe floral. You could wear it to the wedding I don’t know if it’s fancy enough for your sons bar mitzvah.

https://smile.amazon.com/Alex-.....;th=1

solo

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 10:18 pm
I also have the hardest time finding dresses I look good in. For the last simcha I ordered so many dresses online n finally found 2 that needed alterations and looked really good. The rest were returned

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 10:31 pm
Try https://dramanycplus.com/.
Lord taylor has a nice plus section.
Share with us your style and we can post links
Mazel tov!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 20 2020, 10:54 pm
I don’t know your style.

I love this jacket, the black and taupe floral. You could wear it to the wedding I don’t know if it’s fancy enough for your sons bar mitzvah.

This is gorgeous! Maybe I'd order it not even for the occasions. Not dressy enough for bar mitzvah.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 5:46 pm
I don’t know your style.

So I ended up ordering it. But I need another outfit/top. I don't look good in pull on tops. It must have an opening in the front. Any leads online or Williamsburg/boro park. I already went to the store on 49/16.

amother
Teal

Post Sun, May 17 2020, 8:23 pm
What size/height are you? Maybe someone can match you up with a dress they already own.

I have a pink and silver dress with a jacket I wore to a close family wedding. I'm a 3X and 5'1" if that helps.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 1:00 am
Where did you end up finding something?
I’m looking for something like that now.

Teomima

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 4:33 am
I've bought lovely plus size gowns online from Macy's. They've usually needed an extra layer underneath or a jacket on top, but the dresses themselves are so comfortable and flattering.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 5:01 am
I customized a dress to be a gown on eshakti.
I'm plus size and it was great. I wore it again in my first trimester (I show very early)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics