Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does your DH ever read imamother threads?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Does your DH read imamother?
Yes DH always reads imamother  
 4%  [ 9 ]
No DH never reads imamother  
 57%  [ 126 ]
Sometimes DH reads a thread if I want his opinion on it  
 22%  [ 49 ]
He only reads recipes on days I make him cook  
 0%  [ 2 ]
What are you, crazy?? Of course DH loves this site!  
 0%  [ 2 ]
What are you, crazy?? No normal DH would read this site!  
 14%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 219

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:46 pm
Success10 wrote:
My husband abhors this site.

One thing in common with my DH!

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:47 pm
No. The only time he's interested in imamother is when I send him a link to a recipe or to a post from someone considering relocating to our OOT community. Otherwise, not interested.

Success10

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:55 pm
Iymnok wrote:
One thing in common with my DH!

Finally!!

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 3:59 pm
Um I am sorry did poster just say her DH created a few accounts "for fun"?!

And whatever color amother wrote that you are okay with that?

Sorry FF you had to go through all that, wishing you well.

And some real negativity here on a thread I would think would be so parve. Oy.

Gam zu l'tova -- a good lesson and reminder its the internet.

Frumme

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:09 pm
I'll tell DH about funny posts (Niddatude©, for instance. Classic.) or like Rappel mentioned, when I want to clarify something brought up on here.

Success10 wrote:
My husband abhors this site.

My DH refers to it as "Frum Facebook" (not a super positive reference... LOL )

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 7:48 pm
My father reads the ones open to the public.
My husband rolls his eyes at this site and would never ever consider reading even the public ones. Sometimes I’ll read him some threads out loud, like the ones that require popcorn LOL

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 7:52 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
Um I am sorry did poster just say her DH created a few accounts "for fun"?!

And whatever color amother wrote that you are okay with that?
amother, there are so many trolls and fake posters on this site. Its unavoidable. Its the internet.
But she said that Yael banned them.

If anyone here thinks that there are no men on this site, I have a bridge to sell you too Wink

Moonlight

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 11:18 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Omg, no. I think he would rather walk across a floor of lego barefoot than read this site.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 2:44 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
amother, there are so many trolls and fake posters on this site. Its unavoidable. Its the internet.
But she said that Yael banned them.

If anyone here thinks that there are no men on this site, I have a bridge to sell you too Wink

Ughh. I know everyone can read the open threads but I would really like to believe (though you are right) that all members are frum women.

Then again, Yael's questions are kinda stupid, and totally Google-able....so there's no reason a man shouldn't be able to fudge them and join.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 3:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ughh. I know everyone can read the open threads but I would really like to believe (though you are right) that all members are frum women.

Then again, Yael's questions are kinda stupid, and totally Google-able....so there's no reason a man shouldn't be able to fudge them and join.

Everything is on Google today. A frum man should be able to answer any question meant for frum women.

That's just part of the reality of the internet.

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 3:58 am
DH would rather if *I* wouldn't read imamother threads either, so no, he's not looking at them.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 4:48 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
Everything is on Google today. A frum man should be able to answer any question meant for frum women.

That's just part of the reality of the internet.
Even a non jewish person could answer those questions if they really felt like joining. Thats just the nature of the internet.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:28 am
My husband thinks this site its a total waste of time and is only meant for people with low IQs...

He obviously believes I'm not stupid and therefore can't understand why I like it. He has a nickname for imamother when he inquires as to how many hours I have wasted on it in a typical week.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:30 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
My husband thinks this site its a total waste of time and is only meant for people with low IQs...

He obviously believes I'm not stupid and therefore can't understand why I like it. He has a nickname for imamother when he inquires as to how many hours I have wasted in it on a typical week.

My DH has a higher IQ than your DH (unless your DH is a bona fide genius) but he still likes reading some of the threads. It gives him an idea of the helech haruach.

So you can tell your DH that sometimes people with high IQs read imamother. Smile

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:34 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My DH has a higher IQ than your DH (unless your IQ is a bona fide genius) but he still likes reading some of the threads. It gives him an idea of the helech haruach.

My husband's family is a known genius family in my city so it will really be hard for yours to beat him LOL

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:41 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
My husband's family is a knows genius family in my city so it will really be hard for yours to beat him LOL

You can't be my SIL, though... DH's family is also known as a genius family. I'm okay with not beating your DH, if they are about the same my point still stands. No need to compete.

Anyways, sometimes intelligent people read sites like this one. Smile

Kiwi13

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:50 am
My husband likes to cook and he found imamother when searching for challah recipes and then found a bunch more recipes. He obviously only saw the public stuff but came to me praising the women on this site to the skies for their culinary genius! :-)

Occasionally I read a thread title to him that I think he’ll appreciate (ie that shows him something isn’t “just us”), such as “help! my DH’s loud chewing drives me nuts!” and he laughs and asks me if I posted it.

Beyond that, no. He doesn’t read the site and doesn’t get why I do. He once nicknamed it “imayenta” to make his point. (Which of course I promptly refuted and went back on!)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:52 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
My husband likes to cook and he found imamother when searching for challah recipes and then found a bunch more recipes. He obviously only saw the public stuff but came to me praising the women on this site to the skies for their culinary genius! :-)

Occasionally I read a thread title to him that I think he’ll appreciate (ie that shows him something isn’t “just us”), such as “help! my DH’s loud chewing drives me nuts!” and he laughs and asks me if I posted it.

Beyond that, no. He doesn’t read the site and doesn’t get why I do. He once nicknamed it “imayenta” to make his point. (Which of course I promptly refuted and went back on!)

LOL

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 11:18 am
I now call my teen DS who is always watching the neighborhood Magenta Yenta(not DD) because of this site. They enjoy when I bring up boggling threads. DH would be overwhelmed to hear so many opinions.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:04 am
of course I do. But don't tell my wife.

Kidding - my husband does not even know about it
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics