Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Going rate for freelance bookkeeping - Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 8:56 pm
I have my masters in accounting and have been doing QuickBooks for close to 10 years. I worked in public and private accounting firms and am ready to go on my own. What can I charge per hour for bookkeeping?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 5:29 am
Bump - anyone?

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 5:43 am
I pay mine $60 an hour.
She has a business where she sets up QuickBooks and runs it for a number of businesses. I have a small business and need a few hours a month.
She used to be $50 and went up to $60.
My niece is a bookkeeper (starting salary) full time in a company and makes $50,000.

joss3

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 6:42 am
Depends on the job. A full time or part time for one company would be $30-$35/hour with your experience.

Freelancing for a few small companies a few hours a month you can charge around $50-$60 per hour.

I know a few companies looking to hire bookkeepers, all are looking for different positions. You can PM me for info.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 7:22 am
joss3 wrote:
Depends on the job. A full time or part time for one company would be $30-$35/hour with your experience.

Freelancing for a few small companies a few hours a month you can charge around $50-$60 per hour.

I know a few companies looking to hire bookkeepers, all are looking for different positions. You can PM me for info.

I live in Lakewood. No degree. Part time office job. Making $35/hour on a salary. I’d hope someone with a degree makes more than that

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 7:34 am
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
I live in Lakewood. No degree. Part time office job. Making $35/hour on a salary. I’d hope someone with a degree makes more than that

That’s amazing! Are you working there a long time? I don’t know anyone making that much unless there a while

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 8:08 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That’s amazing! Are you working there a long time? I don’t know anyone making that much unless there a while

No. Less than 2 years.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 8:22 am
No. Less than 2 years.

Do you have prior experience?
Asking because I'm wondering if/when/how often I can ask for a raise.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 8:31 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Do you have prior experience?
Asking because I'm wondering if/when/how often I can ask for a raise.

I did work previously in different places, total two years work experience but total different job.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:09 am
I did work previously in different places, total two years work experience but total different job.
I was a teacher for ten years and considering becoming a bookkeeper. What are your qualifications and how did you find your job?

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:49 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I was a teacher for ten years and considering becoming a bookkeeper. What are your qualifications and how did you find your job?

I’m not a bookkeeper. Work in a regular office.
No specific qualifications other than responsible, efficient, work ethic, understands computers, use my brain etc
Found by word of mouth. Mentioned to friend I’d like to start working she knew this office was hiring.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 12:21 pm
I’m not a bookkeeper. Work in a regular office.
No specific qualifications other than responsible, efficient, work ethic, understands computers, use my brain etc
Found by word of mouth. Mentioned to friend I’d like to start working she knew this office was hiring.

You’re very lucky. I’ve been working at Lakewood accounting firms the last 6 years and haven’t been making 35/hour. Maybe I’m in the wrong business!!

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 12:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have my masters in accounting and have been doing QuickBooks for close to 10 years. I worked in public and private accounting firms and am ready to go on my own. What can I charge per hour for bookkeeping?

I'm almost finished my bachelor's in accounting (hopefully finishing in the Fall!). Is it necessary to get a master's? I thought I would only need to go for my CPA.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 1:29 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I'm almost finished my bachelor's in accounting (hopefully finishing in the Fall!). Is it necessary to get a master's? I thought I would only need to go for my CPA.

It’s not that much more work to go for the masters and it’s always good to have a higher degree. I don’t think in Lakewood you’ll get paid more but I really don’t know.

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 3:31 pm
I would say you could charge at least $50 an hour, depending on the nature of the work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics