Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Adult Piano Lessons in Monsey

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 1:07 pm
I really want to learn to play piano. Not sure if I want to learn it by ear or from notes. Probably notes are easier, I imagine, so I’d want that.

Anyone had a good experience with a teacher?

imasinger

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 1:16 pm
I'll teach you via Zoom, if you want. I don't live in Monsey, but video lessons can work from anywhere.

daagahminayin

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 1:42 pm
Before you hire a teacher, try the app for tablets called Piano Maestro by JoyTunes. I’ve been using it with my kids aged 4 and 8 and it’s amazing! My kids were starting from scratch and I learned as a child. In some ways, it’s better than a teacher in terms of being motivating and “gamifying” the piano learning experience. It introduces new notes gradually, and listens and tracks your playing on a piano (there’s also a digital keyboard on the app if you don’t have a piano or keyboard, but of course that’s not ideal). It breaks down songs into easy chunks to help you master them, and plays background music or beats to accompany you.

Obviously, for technique and advanced learning an in-person teacher would be best but this is a great way to start. For the price it can’t be beat. There’s also the option of using it together with a teacher where the teacher can track progress and set homework.

Highly recommended!

Ruchy

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:10 pm
I took lessons through Ashreinu. Call Mrs Ganz 8454258616. I had a professional, excellent teacher Mrs Berzen 8453711001.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries