Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Does anyone have more info about what happened in Baltimore?

Greenbelle

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 10:47 pm
I received the following whats app message. It was forwarded so I don't have any more info.

FYI - a 19 yr and two younger kids (on bikes) were held up at knife-point by three African-American teens on Northbrook. The knives were pulled out when the kids did not voluntarily not give over the bikes . The knives were pulled out and the kids relinquished their bikes.
The victims were accused of being racists for not giving over the bikes. Two of the three teens were caught.

Greenbelle

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 10:49 pm
The rest of the post stated:
"This is not an opening for a racial discussion . I’m merely stating the facts so that we all (our kids included) need to be careful and vigilant."

liveandlove.ima

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 10:53 pm
Sadly this is the new America.
I did not hear about this one yet, but yet another incident of man of color assaulting a small child and there were clear evidence in a video but police refused to take action

Last edited by liveandlove.ima on Mon, Jul 06 2020, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

observer

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 10:58 pm
I found this:

https://baltimorejewishlife.co.....32794

Moonlight

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 11:05 pm
This is typical life in Baltimore. Nothing to be surprised about
-A Baltimorean

Greenbelle

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 11:07 pm
thank you!
kudos the the police department!
I wish I knew which precinct; I would call to thank and support them.

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 11:24 pm
From the streets and intersections named, it looks like the crime occurred in the County and the arrest was made within the City by County police (there's no easy to spot dividing line between the City and County). That would be precinct 4 in Pikesville; https://www.baltimorecountymd.......html

Greenbelle

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 11:28 pm
thanks from NY.
I'm going to contact them. Smile

lasagna

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 11:41 pm
Moonlight wrote:
This is typical life in Baltimore. Nothing to be surprised about
-A Baltimorean

I protest! This does not happen on a regular basis in the frum Baltimore community. Please do not make people think all of Frum Baltimore is a scary place. Yes, there are areas where this may happen about once a yea, but in general this is not to be considered normal!!!!
~ a native and current Baltimorean

justforfun87

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 12:30 am
They have been caught. This happened around the corner from me. It is rare in the county to have crime like this but not unheard of. Unfortunately the city is barely a mile away in which crime is more prevalent.

soap suds

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 2:48 am
Greenbelle wrote:
The rest of the post stated:
"This is not an opening for a racial discussion . I’m merely stating the facts so that we all (our kids included) need to be careful and vigilant."
If this isn’t about opening racial discussion, why mention race? We could’ve learned to be vigilant just as well without knowing what color the perpetrator’s skin was.

sky

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 7:24 am
lasagna wrote:
I protest! This does not happen on a regular basis in the frum Baltimore community. Please do not make people think all of Frum Baltimore is a scary place. Yes, there are areas where this may happen about once a yea, but in general this is not to be considered normal!!!!

Depends where. My family in the country rarely worries (although in the past 2 years there have been some worrying events). My family in park heights/reisterstown area does very much.
We never walked down the block at night alone. Or even walked from our car to the house without someone watching us. Didn’t realize not everyone lives like that until I moved away.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 7:44 am
lasagna wrote:

Thanks .. its very reassuring to hear that. As my younger son goes to school and works there

At many sholom zochors over the years , I was told that all over the country , Jews realize you need to live in white suburbs, only in Baltimore, do the Jews live with dangerous elements..

rosezee

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:42 pm
soap suds wrote:
If this isn’t about opening racial discussion, why mention race? We could’ve learned to be vigilant just as well without knowing what color the perpetrator’s skin was.

Because they called the kids racist for not giving over their bikes.

That’s an important piece of information. And wouldn’t make sense without knowing the race.

Also, any news article or media outlet, states race. As do police officers when they get calls.
Race is always discussed.

And the person had to mention that they don’t want a race debate, because currently in the world the talk of race has become racist. Which is doesn’t need to be.

I’m sad I have to explain this...

M.C.

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 12:37 am
lasagna wrote:

Yes, this does happen. The identical story happened to a relative of mine a while back. He was forced off his brand new (expensive) bike along with his friends to avoid getting badly beaten. One kid didn’t give his bike quick enough and... it didn’t end well...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics