Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Future plans on moving to Israel
1  2  Next

Would you consider moving to Israel?
Yes, only to Yerushalayim  
 31%  [ 22 ]
Yes, only to Tel Aviv  
 0%  [ 0 ]
No  
 30%  [ 21 ]
Yes, to a suburban neighborhood with space (non-apartment like)  
 30%  [ 21 ]
Yes, rural neighborhood far from big cities  
 8%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 70

treetop12

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 7:00 pm
Hi everyone,
With all the recent events in America (antisemitism, riots, etc.), DH and I have been talking about the possibility of moving to Israel within the next few years. We were curious if others have similar feelings. So I decided to post a poll to see how you all feel, I would really appreciate if you can elaborate on your feelings on this subject in the comments.

Thanks in advance!

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 7:11 pm
Would love to move to Israel. Feel like it is a pipe dream as we could not earn an income ( I hope that is not déjà vu -Germany 1934).
Regarding where, you don't have the Natanya/Rannana apartment option, as I think I will be priced out of Yerushalaim.

DD wants to make Aliya and OWN LAND. I am getting old and don't want to maintain a house.

Didn't vote as I didn't feel like I had a realistic option.

treetop12

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 7:31 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Would love to move to Israel. Feel like it is a pipe dream as we could not earn an income ( I hope that is not déjà vu -Germany 1934).
Regarding where, you don't have the Natanya/Rannana apartment option, as I think I will be priced out of Yerushalaim.

DD wants to make Aliya and OWN LAND. I am getting old and don't want to maintain a house.

Didn't vote as I didn't feel like I had a realistic option.

Thanks for your reply. Earning a living is definitely a challenge there.

Petra

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 8:02 pm
I would consider moving anywhere in Israel if it seemed right for me but since it would be with my husband, couldn't be in a settlement. He definitely wouldn't do that. Couldn't go until my kids are grown and out of the house. I would probably be semi-retired then. I'd still want to work a bit but probably would have to commute to USA because I don't think by that age that I could really become fluent enough in Hebrew to work in my field.

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 8:04 pm
We are considering buying an apartment (when we can and it's safe to travel), but not necessarily moving. At least, not yet.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 8:06 pm
Want to go so badly. We always did and even tried it for a year after being married a few years. The main issues are chinuch and parnassah. Parnassah probably being less complicated then finding a school system that we are comfortable with. I find imamother to be a wonderful resource in general. I actually joined because of this.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 8:15 pm
We have been talking about making aliya for about a year. Ever since the huge wave of antisemitism in Brooklyn. We have gotten really serious. We feel the time has come to leave. And we are willing to make things work. It is complicated for us because we have teenagers and other family considerations. But none of those trump the lives of our nuclear family. We are hoping to make aliya next summer.

I didn't vote because none of the options fit. We can't afford Yerushalyim but need a big anglo city for the kids.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:21 pm
treetop12 wrote:
Hi everyone,
With all the recent events in America (antisemitism, riots, etc.), DH and I have been talking about the possibility of moving to Israel within the next few years. We were curious if others have similar feelings. So I decided to post a poll to see how you all feel, I would really appreciate if you can elaborate on your feelings on this subject in the comments.

Thanks in advance!

This caught my eyes.... riots are pretty popular in Israel!

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:25 pm
the riots going on in the US are not at all the same as whatever happens in E"Y

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:43 pm
We are moving next summer! We've been planning and saving since we were married. We're finally almost there. I can't wait to breath the air and to feel closer to hashem. We already chose a community, schools, and we have a parnassah plan. Working on the Hebrew part is by far the hardest. The political situation only makes it easier to leave.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:21 am
You don't have an option for someone willing to live in an apartment in any cities other than Tel Aviv/Jerusalem.

This is where many, many, Israelis (including olim) live.

Einikel

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:22 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
We are moving next summer! We've been planning and saving since we were married. We're finally almost there. I can't wait to breath the air and to feel closer to hashem. We already chose a community, schools, and we have a parnassah plan. Working on the Hebrew part is by far the hardest. The political situation only makes it easier to leave.

Kol hakavod and hatzlacha!

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:27 am
I moved to Israel ten years ago and don't regret it!

I didn't vote because I live in a city that isn't TA/Jerusalem

DrMom

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 2:04 am
OP, you need to realize that many Israelis live in apartments in medium- or even smaller-sized cities.

It's not like there are only 2 cities and the rest of the country is American-style suburbia or farms.

essie14

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 2:49 am
I don't think you will get a lot of votes in your poll. the options are not really reflective of most of Israel. people with families rarely move to Tel Aviv, it's like Manhattan, cramped and very expensive.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 4:47 am
I also didn't find my option in your list. I live in an apartment in the merkaz which is not TA. OP I think you should do more research before actually moving here.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 4:53 am
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
This caught my eyes.... riots are pretty popular in Israel!
Say what????? Since when? I live in Israel already for quite a few years and no, riots are not popular.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 4:54 am
OP, your poll answers are WAY TOO specific. People can make aliyah to so many other places/choices.

I made aliyah over 17 years ago as a single female. I have never looked back and it was the best decision of my life.

banana123

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:09 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Say what????? Since when? I live in Israel already for quite a few years and no, riots are not popular.

Sure they are. If you are a Gaza or PA Arab.

BUT, most of us don't hear about those riots, because the IDF does a pretty good job of keeping them under control.

shabbatiscoming

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:12 am
banana123 wrote:
Sure they are. If you are a Gaza or PA Arab.

BUT, most of us don't hear about those riots, because the IDF does a pretty good job of keeping them under control.
I seriously dont think that was what the poster was talking about.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions