Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Should I switch to special ed (p3/seit)
Previous  1  2

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 7:11 am
[quote="amother [ Magenta ]"]A full day is 9-2:30?![/quote

Where I live preschools end their day between 2 30 and 2 45.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 6:33 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
A full day is 9-2:30?!

For preschool/head start it is

Optione

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 7:06 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
Over 40k without summer, only in a Jewish school, having off for things like Chanukah vacation? Not likely if u are doing setts or Seit. Maybe as a special ed classroom teacher

I made about 40K with those vacations and no summer while providing SEIT services.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 11:46 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
A full day is 9-2:30?!

For preschool it's a full day lol

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:52 am
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I don't know where you ppl live. In bp for the agency I work 15 hrs of pendancy cases in one school I made 38k no summers. And I filled up right away yearly. It definitely is possible to make more than 40k.

Pendency is not easy to get. Someone new/starting out won't get pendency or those rates. DOE won't approve it and agencies won't pay it. Some agencies start at 55. Many don't get their caseload full till Nov/Dec.

Keep in mind: you're off most of Tishrei and Nissan in the preschools, don't work summers, every time there's teacher training, public holidays, kid is absent or late, special program or trip...you lose the session. All those days add up, and the salary will be lower.

Also, most parents do not want groups for seit. In my kids schools it's one on one only so that you really focus on the child and his/her needs to best help the child grow.

Starting at 55/60 per hour and as newly licensed you may have more difficulty getting case loads as priority is usually given to current providers. In some communities, there are providers that even after several years can't fill their caseload. I know of several.

Also keep in mind every day there's a report on what you did and skills you worked on. There's an annual report, parent calls, teacher calls on what they want worked on...

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 9:55 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Pendency is not easy to get. Someone new/starting out won't get pendency or those rates. DOE won't approve it and agencies won't pay it. Some agencies start at 55. Many don't get their caseload full till Nov/Dec.

Keep in mind: you're off most of Tishrei and Nissan in the preschools, don't work summers, every time there's teacher training, public holidays, kid is absent or late, special program or trip...you lose the session. All those days add up, and the salary will be lower.

Also, most parents do not want groups for seit. In my kids schools it's one on one only so that you really focus on the child and his/her needs to best help the child grow.

Starting at 55/60 per hour and as newly licensed you may have more difficulty getting case loads as priority is usually given to current providers. In some communities, there are providers that even after several years can't fill their caseload. I know of several.

Also keep in mind every day there's a report on what you did and skills you worked on. There's an annual report, parent calls, teacher calls on what they want worked on...

They sure will in Brooklyn. Yeled encore pay more than 60. I got a full pendancy case load my first year out of college. So did many of my college mates. Yes I can pays way more too. Not sure where your looking for work.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries