Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Skirts with black tights
Previous  1  2  3

Rappel

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:30 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
I occasionally think about opening up a store that is meant for short women who are big and skinny because some of the clothing especially the nightgowns and skirts always have to be shortened

You'd be doing a service to the world.

Clothing in Brooklyn in general is not made for curvy ladies. Unless you're Holocaust-thin, then boxy clothing simply looks strange or unflattering. Which leaves people whom can't find well-tailored clothes stranded in various forms of polyester and shells, which are both kind of strange, and murder in the summer heat.

amother
White

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:55 am
watergirl wrote:
I dont know what size you are, but I am OBSESSED with this skirt, I have it in a bunch of colors. The plum looks great with black tights and its not a super heavy skirt. I wear it in the summer with black leggings. The charcoal and navy mix look good also. If the Dallas skirt is too big for you, look further at the Esteez skirts on amazon, its also available in smaller sizes.

This is the Dallas (larger sizes)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....b2136

This is the Chicago (smaller sizes)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....a3f5f

these skirts are awesome but how do the sizes work? Like the model is wearing a size small but it basically looks spray painted on her. Im pretty skinny/average (5"6 and 130 pounds) but I feel like Id need a size large or extra large so it doesnt show every lump in my backside. What size would you recommend?

goforit

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 1:04 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
I occasionally think about opening up a store that is meant for short women who are big and skinny because some of the clothing especially the nightgowns and skirts always have to be shortened

Btw Rebekah Modesty does free alterations so your dream (almost) just got true!

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 1:12 am
Rappel wrote:
You'd be doing a service to the world.

Clothing in Brooklyn in general is not made for curvy ladies. Unless you're Holocaust-thin, then boxy clothing simply looks strange or unflattering. Which leaves people whom can't find well-tailored clothes stranded in various forms of polyester and shells, which are both kind of strange, and murder in the summer heat.

Yup. I have a weird body shape lol.
Especially after baby.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 1:13 am
goforit wrote:

Where are they located? I need a nightgown altered

Rappel

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 1:19 am
goforit wrote:

Address?

https://www.instagram.com/rebe.....hl=en

Is this the store you mean?

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:18 am
Rappel wrote:
Address?

https://www.instagram.com/rebe.....hl=en

Is this the store you mean?

This must be the first genuinely modest 'modest fashion' instagram I've ever seen

watergirl

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:43 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
these skirts are awesome but how do the sizes work? Like the model is wearing a size small but it basically looks spray painted on her. Im pretty skinny/average (5"6 and 130 pounds) but I feel like Id need a size large or extra large so it doesnt show every lump in my backside. What size would you recommend?

You clearly did not look through all of the product photos Smile . The reason I love Esteez the most is because the owner, Annette, is a frum plus sized woman who models the dresses in the photos as well. It is actually the reason I bought my first item from them - I could picture myself in the skirts. But I was still not sure so I messaged her on facebook and she wrote back immediately! And she helped me find the right skirt and size for me. She is also very active on instagram, if you are on there.

Anyway to answer your question, I went with the Dallas in a 1x. I did not want a super tight skirt over my larger backside. They ARE pencil skirts so they will be tighter, so I do wear longer tops that cover my backside. If you size up, it is not likley to fall off of you if you wear it over stockings/tights/leggings, etc. I have a smaller waist and large thighs and tush so my skirts are always looser in the waist, and in this skirt its totally fine. Does not look odd at all. I highly recommend you ask her though for your specific needs.

Also, there is a sizing chart on Amazon and also on her site. Use that!
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics