Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Sewing pockets into clothing

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:18 am
Does anyone here do this? I believe there are a few different styles of pockets. Is there a good universal tutorial?

RuralIma

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:57 pm
Pockets into skirts/dresses?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:59 pm
RuralIma wrote:
Pockets into skirts/dresses?

And tops, if it makes sense for the style.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 1:02 pm
I've never seen a universal tutorial, but I'm sure YouTube is full of them.

In general, if you have a skirt with side seams which isn't pasted to you, then you can put in hidden pockets at the hips, and that's really easy. You can also put in vertical hidden pockets easily at a waistband level. Close-fitting skirts do better with external, visible pockets, because you need to make room to be able to reach in and put things in there.

The lower down you put a pocket, the more likely it will swing and shake out its contents, so those would have some kind of fastener/zipper.

Anything else?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 1:06 pm
How high does a pocket usually go on a dress? (I'd know if I had any dresses with pockets, but that's the problem I'm trying to solve LOL .)

Rappel

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 1:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How high does a pocket usually go on a dress? (I'd know if I had any dresses with pockets, but that's the problem I'm trying to solve LOL .)

Well, if you want a hard and fast rule:

Stand in front of a mirror, and place your hands comfortably on your front, like they're resting in pockets You'll see right off where the pocket entry should go, based off of the placement and angle of your arms. Be sure to make the entrance generous, so it's easy to slip your hands in and out along with any item you would put in there (phone, wallet, keys etc.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics