Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can I use a regular razor to shave upper lip?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 3:10 pm
or do I need a special one for face? I usually wax... but I dont want to take off mask while having it done...so thinking of shaving it for now. what shavor/razor should I use? I have the cheap disposable ones... would be handy to not have to go out but I dont want to do anything harmful

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 3:12 pm
You can do it very carefully, sort of use your tongue to push out the area when you are shaving. I've done this in between laser (because you can only shave, not tweeze, if you laser).

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 3:19 pm
It will grow back right away and will be stubly hairs at first. It won’t look nice.
I bought wax strips from amazon and do it myself now. It’s strips with wax(like a bandaid) and wax myself.
Or use a tweezer to pull out each hair separately from the root. If you shave, and he hairs are not being removed from the root and when it grows back a few days later it will look terrible.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 3:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
or do I need a special one for face? I usually wax... but I dont want to take off mask while having it done...so thinking of shaving it for now. what shavor/razor should I use? I have the cheap disposable ones... would be handy to not have to go out but I dont want to do anything harmful

Oh gosh, don’t. You’ll end up with terrible stubble and will have to be a slave to shaving it over and over.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 3:44 pm
yes, I shave my entire face/ peach fuzz about 2x a week

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 3:48 pm
Chayalle wrote:
You can do it very carefully, sort of use your tongue to push out the area when you are shaving. I've done this in between laser (because you can only shave, not tweeze, if you laser).

Never understood why ppl claim shaving before laser is necessary. It just makes everything grow back even faster. The ppl who KNOW how to do laser never say to shave. It all falls off under the laser machine on its own.

And yes don’t shave it’ll be all hard and bumpy
Just get a waxing kit

amother
White

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 4:02 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
Never understood why ppl claim shaving before laser is necessary. It just makes everything grow back even faster. The ppl who KNOW how to do laser never say to shave. It all falls off under the laser machine on its own.

Just get a waxing kit

Shaving doesn't make hair grow back faster. Its removing hair at the surface; how could it affect follicles and growth rate?

I still recommend waxing. Use the pre-waxed strips, or buy a wax melter. I like this https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1 but there are tons out there.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 4:05 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:

Just get a waxing kit

I've done laser treatments at a couple of different salons and they all said to shave before. It does not make the hair grow back faster, especially when doing laser. My treatments were always very effective.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 4:18 pm
I use a ear/nose trimmer thats 10 bucks and battery operated.
I use it once in about 2 weeks for years already.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics