Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Nu, who's suing to open NY schools full time?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 7:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Explain?

Molech, (from the Tanach) were a people who practiced child sacrifice.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:06 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:
Molech, (from the Tanach) were a people who practiced child sacrifice.

Molech was the name of the Avoda Zara, not of the nation.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:31 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Molech was the name of the Avoda Zara, not of the nation.

You're right. I misremembered the exact terminology. Molech was the canaani idol.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:42 pm
Deblasio said public schools will open in fall. But, he is trying to make parents happy with him bec 75% said they want it to open in sept.

What the parents dont understand is that schools will open. But, if the public schools will only have 15 in a class, then MOST KIDS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND SCHOOL (because majority of public schools have 30 to 35 kids per class).

And, if private schools can only have 15 per class, this means some of our kids also will have to stay home.

So, like someone posted above, I'm wondering how I'll be able to work if my kids are home in sept.

I'm sure public school parents will be very angry in September when they find out that their child is not one of the 15 kids allowed in school. After choosing special ed kids first, how will they decide who gets to attend?

Saying he's opening in September is a facade as most students will be forced to stay home(unless full classes can come). And, it will be very hard to enforce for older students to social distance and to enforce for all students to wear masks all day...unrealistic!!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:48 pm
I think I heard that the AAP said that 6 feet isn't realistic, 3-6 should be ok.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:02 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Deblasio said public schools will open in fall. But, he is trying to make parents happy with him bec 75% said they want it to open in sept.

What the parents dont understand is that schools will open. But, if the public schools will only have 15 in a class, then MOST KIDS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND SCHOOL (because majority of public schools have 30 to 35 kids per class).

And, if private schools can only have 15 per class, this means some of our kids also will have to stay home.

So, like someone posted above, I'm wondering how I'll be able to work if my kids are home in sept.

I'm sure public school parents will be very angry in September when they find out that their child is not one of the 15 kids allowed in school. After choosing special ed kids first, how will they decide who gets to attend?

Saying he's opening in September is a facade as most students will be forced to stay home(unless full classes can come). And, it will be very hard to enforce for older students to social distance and to enforce for all students to wear masks all day...unrealistic!!

This doesnt make sense. every child will be in school. There might be weeks when theyre only in school one day a week, but on the other weeks the'll be 2 or 3 times.

The class will be divided in 2. They'll either attend Tues & thurs, or Weds & Fri, and alternate on Mondays.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:03 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Maybe for you. Not for me. Our private school follows the DOE. We need Trump's assistance.

Private schools have to follow state guidelines, not city guidelines.
I pray theyre not even more severe than Deblasio's plan. Cuomo is being even worse with the statewide schools.

chestnut

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:13 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
Private schools have to follow state guidelines, not city guidelines.
I pray theyre not even more severe than Deblasio's plan. Cuomo is being even worse with the statewide schools.

How can he be even worse with the rest of the state when they didn't even have it so bad? Did he take any more serious measures statewide than de Blasio - in NYC?

chestnut

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:17 pm
There are 3 suggested patterns, I think, for the fall. All online, few days a week - in school, few - online, and something else. Principals have to submit their proposals to de Blasio.
I can bet all chassidishe, yeshivishe, and BY schools will open completely. Maaaaybe staggered days in really big schools. MO schools will probably follow the public school guidelines.
I'm not sure how they think working parents will swing it.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:23 pm
chestnut wrote:
How can he be even worse with the rest of the state when they didn't even have it so bad? Did he take any more serious measures statewide than de Blasio - in NYC?

Bc he's super cautious, his ego and reputation are on the line. Do you know that he is not yet allowing Day Habs to reopen? And he isnt allowing group home residents to go home for visits? He is so fearful of a second wave that he's being really strict with a lot of things that are under his jurisdiction. He's also in an immature 'war' with deblasio to show him who's really boss. His opening plan is even more radical than deblasio's - he wants to do all school remotely, or deblasio's idea, or, get this, divide every class in 3 and everyone attends school in person only ever 3rd week....

if private schools have to follow his plan, we're doomed.

chestnut

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:28 pm
I highly doubt his plan for the rest of NYS will be any different that de blasio's. What he might do with NYC is unknown because of his ego war with de Blasio, but I think he'll approve it.

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:59 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
This doesnt make sense. every child will be in school. There might be weeks when theyre only in school one day a week, but on the other weeks the'll be 2 or 3 times.

The class will be divided in 2. They'll either attend Tues & thurs, or Weds & Fri, and alternate on Mondays.

Yes, this is NOT what parents have in mind!!
If their child goes mon wed, and a different child goes tues thurs, then parents need to be home which is NOT what parents want when they say they want schools to open in September.

This means parents cant go to work. This applies to me too. If my son goes mon/wed and my dd goes tues/thurs, then I need to be home and cant work!!

Parents will be upset.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:19 pm
New York State will issue regulations regarding how private schools can operate which would include limits on the number of children in a classroom so that social distancing can be maintained.

It is likely that the State will be divided into regions just as has been true for all the way the easing of restrictions has occurred.

It is almost certain that NYC and Westchester would operate under the most stringent regulations for school opening just as is true for other current phased in restrictions.

My understanding is that students in NYC Public schools will be assigned specific days when they have in-school classes. I would imagine a certain percentage of students will stay home entirely.

Perhaps they will set up day care centers which are more easily staffed since you don't need licensed teachers to supervise small groups of children day care. My understanding is that the day care centers operating within the appropriate guidelines have not been vectors of infection. They are also more likely to be able to hire younger people without health conditions especially since so many people are unemployed - e.g. people who worked in restaurants for example could be hired to staff day care.

I don't understand how people think a private school would be able to operate without following regulations without being noticed by authorities and shut down.

And that is not even taking into consideration th sheer chutzpah of people feeling they are free to flout laws.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:35 pm
Chutzpah to flout laws of some egotistical governer that is following his own need for power?

You follow the "laws". Be unemployed forever and stuck home with a house full of kids. running after them with phones for educational "conferences" where their teacher is taking attendance for 30 minutes. Be my guest.

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:38 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
Chutzpah to flout laws of some egotistical governer that is following his own need for power?

You follow the "laws". Be unemployed forever and stuck home with a house full of kids. running after them with phones for educational "conferences" where their teacher is taking attendance for 30 minutes. Be my guest.

Those States who had leaders which followed MEDICAL SCIENTIFIC advice fared better than those like Arizona and Florida.

It is the height of egotistical knownothingism to believe that you - with probably no scientific, medical, statistical or any other background relating to public health know best.

We live in a community so people's actions impact the health and safety of others in the community - which is not your little block - and also impact the health and emotional and well being of health workers who have to deal with the mess entitled people who flout health regulations create.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:43 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Those States who had leaders which followed MEDICAL SCIENTIFIC advice fared better than those like Arizona and Florida.

It is the height of egotistical knownothingism to believe that you - with probably no scientific, medical, statistical or any other background relating to public health know best.

We live in a community so people's actions impact the health and safety of others in the community - which is not your little block - and also impact the health and emotional and well being of health workers who have to deal with the mess entitled people who flout health regulations create.

How about the mess of the mental and financial problems coming out of all of this???? Sorry but at this point u gotta weigh all the factors... Life can't be on lockdown for this long without serious serious lifelong repercussions.
(and if you have a money tree in your backyard, perhaps you can let some of us come do some money picking.)

amother
Crimson

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:49 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
How about the mess of the mental and financial problems coming out of all of this???? Sorry but at this point u gotta weigh all the factors... Life can't be on lockdown for this long without serious serious lifelong repercussions.
(and if you have a money tree in your backyard, perhaps you can let some of us come do some money picking.)

It is not binary - it is not either full lockdown or complete opening up with no restrictions.

Schools can be opened but need to be opened with guidelines set by EXPETS in public health.

You cannot open safely until there is adequate testing with results in a short period of time and adequate contact tracing. This is what ALL the countries who hav managed to get the pandemic under control have done. '

There are still no tests available for many people in Arizona and Florida and other places that want them. And the results are often delayed for a week which makes them essentially useless as a way to stop the spread of infection.

The EU opened intelligently and so things are now able to be getting back to normal. They were at the same trajectory as the US was in March and they have flattened the curve. Some of the worst hit areas have NO hospitalizations.

The US absolutely bungled and squandered the three months it had and opened prematurely in many states without satisfying the indicia of what was safe.

The economy isn't improved if there are continuing mass outbreaks - not to mention the costs of illness and death.

Sebastian

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:53 pm
Sorry the risk of children catching covid 19 is tiny. I have a kid getting multiple therapies who really really regressed from the lock down. My mental health really suffered. I fear a lockdown more than contracting covid 19. My kids need to go to school. I need to work.

And most of the new cases in FL and TX are young ppl who get over it fine

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:16 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:

While I'm not sure what works and what doesnt....neither are health professionals...as many health professionals disagree as to WHAT IS SAFE!

But, IF you are correct that wearing masks and social distancing is WHAT MAKES US SAFE, then why are we not seeing a rise from all the protesters (most didnt wear masks...most didnt social distance)???

And, why do we not see a problem with the group camping out in nyc that are not social distancing???

I do wear a mask and try to social distance, but I need to work too! My only concern is for the teachers especially many of my son's teachers are older. Then again, maybe young kids can get sick with the sickness that comes from covid(forgot name).

But, at the same time, we do need to get back to normal. Ppl need money and need to work for it....and, truthfully, students will not be social distancing and wearing masks all day...its not realistic(especially since not all adults keep this so too some students will not want to keep these rules)......

cnc

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:30 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
DeBlasio's plan only applies to the NY Public school system, not private schools.
We'll carry on as we did before. we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
You can rest assured that our yeshivos and schools are not gonna have 2 - 3 days a week of in person learning and 2-3 days a week of remote learning. It's just not gonna happen. End of.

That remains to be seen.
Nothing has been decided yet, but there’s no guarantee that it won’t apply to our schools.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics