Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Thyroid exhaustion

mum22

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 4:49 pm
Hi everyone
I have had hashimoto thyroiditis, it’s all stable now, I’m on thyroxin, TSH is on the lower end...

But I still don’t have energy.
Before all this I was a highly energetic person, I now feel like a fat old lady.

I get my labs done every 6 weeks, I check the results myself, I’m involved in my treatment.

Can anyone help me, I want my life back!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:54 pm
Do you know all your labs, not just TSH? Do you get a full thyroid panel done each time I.e. TSH, Free T4 and Free T3 and do you have access to/copies of your labs?
When you say your TSH is low, how low? It could be it was 5 and now it's 2 which looks like the lower end of the range but not low enough to mean anything.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 6:06 pm
mum22 wrote:
Hi everyone
I have had hashimoto thyroiditis, it’s all stable now, I’m on thyroxin, TSH is on the lower end...

But I still don’t have energy.
Before all this I was a highly energetic person, I now feel like a fat old lady.

I get my labs done every 6 weeks, I check the results myself, I’m involved in my treatment.

Can anyone help me, I want my life back!

Am I your mother?
My DD is on the AIP diet for that. I would tell you to talk to her but she is a camp director and I can't talk to her either. Get back to me in a couple of months when she has time to talk.

aliavi

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 7:25 pm
I’m so sorry!! I can relate. Something that helped me was to understand that Hashimotos is an autoimmune condition. That means you system is more sensitive to foods, stress, nutrient deficiency, lack of sleep, temperature, etc. it’s been a huge adjustment for me! Learn more about the condition and see how you can incorporate more self care. I notice that now I feel more stiff and achy so I need daily walks just like my grandmother. Refuah shlema.

ETA: my dr likes me with TSH between 1-2. I feel best around 1 which is far below the typical range.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 7:27 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Am I your mother?
My DD is on the AIP diet for that. I would tell you to talk to her but she is a camp director and I can't talk to her either. Get back to me in a couple of months when she has time to talk.

I thought I was the only one here!!
Also I'm not your dd lol.

Op start with removing gluten, dairy and nightshade which are all inflammatory. Check your labs against stopthethyroidmadness.com recommended lab work and don't believe the ranges on your results.

You might also have adrenal fatigue which a functional doctor will help diagnose (don't believe Google, it says its not real)

bestwife4

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 7:53 pm
Wow. I'm in the same shoes. My TSH was at a sky rocking 22. I'm taking medication and levels are good. I'm extremely weak and tired tho all day. It's Soo annoying since I get enough sleep.
Perhaps check your iron levels.
Mine is very low. I'm about to start iron drips to help with that.

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:06 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I thought I was the only one here!!
Also I'm not your dd lol.

Op start with removing gluten, dairy and nightshade which are all inflammatory. Check your labs against stopthethyroidmadness.com recommended lab work and don't believe the ranges on your results.

You might also have adrenal fatigue which a functional doctor will help diagnose (don't believe Google, it says its not real)

I'm not op but I have Hashimotos (though the Dr. says it's not possible to know if it's active at this time). My numbers seem under control with synthroid.
I googled nightshades and of course those are basically the only vegetables I like and eat Sad . I also live on dairy. Would love to shape up my diet so I can feel even better but this seems impossible.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:14 pm
amother [ Brown ] wrote:
I'm not op but I have Hashimotos (though the Dr. says it's not possible to know if it's active at this time). My numbers seem under control with synthroid.
I googled nightshades and of course those are basically the only vegetables I like and eat Sad . I also live on dairy. Would love to shape up my diet so I can feel even better but this seems impossible.

Synthroid further destroys your thyroid. Bc of how t4 and t3 are created. Sorry tbh I never fully got it but there it is.

Dairy at least switch to natural stuff like bethel or whatever non cy equivalent there is, goats milk, whole milk, ghee etc.

Its harder to feel sick. But I get you. It's hard but once you feel better it's harder to go back. I had a piece of cake today (pregnancy cravings destroy the gluten streak for me) and 5 minutes later fell asleep on the carpet for an hour while my kids played on top of me.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:30 pm
Hugs, and following! I'm in the same boat

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:42 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Synthroid further destroys your thyroid. Bc of how t4 and t3 are created. Sorry tbh I never fully got it but there it is.

Dairy at least switch to natural stuff like bethel or whatever non cy equivalent there is, goats milk, whole milk, ghee etc.

Its harder to feel sick. But I get you. It's hard but once you feel better it's harder to go back. I had a piece of cake today (pregnancy cravings destroy the gluten streak for me) and 5 minutes later fell asleep on the carpet for an hour while my kids played on top of me.

Is the bolded a medically accepted fact? Never heard of this.

Momof14

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 12:14 am
Is thyroid fatigue and adrenal fatigue connected? Anyone have experience with adrenal exhaustion?

mum22

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 12:49 am
Hi
Thanks everyone for replying
My TSH was 114 !
It’s now at 1.5
When we tried adding a tiny bit more thyroxin I got palpitations and didn’t feel any better.
T3 and T4 are mid range.

I don’t eat gluten, dairy... I do the the autoimmune diet, although admittedly I fell off shavuos and had cheesecake, and will prob have some treats in the summer holidays.

My GP did test my cortisol levels at very specific times. Is that what you mean?

Momof14

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 1:17 am
Was your gP able to offer any help for your cortisol levels? You're lucky you have a doc who will test your levels. Most doctors just scoff at the whole idea of adrenal exhaustion.

mum22

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 1:43 am
Momof14 wrote:
Was your gP able to offer any help for your cortisol levels? You're lucky you have a doc who will test your levels. Most doctors just scoff at the whole idea of adrenal exhaustion.

It was all fine
According to GP and my searches on google.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise