Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Annoying clothing
Previous  1  2  3

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:15 am
Women's clothing in general. Menswear probably has its own problems but overall --with the exception of neckties--it seems more comfortable and logical. At least I don't hear dh griping that this binds, that pinches, the other rides up, those reveal too much and these make him look fat.

Nylons, omg. Deliberately made to self-destruct. Would men dream of buying hosiery that is guaranteed to last no longer an adult mayfly lives? Would men wear shoes that cripple them and make it impossible to run away if attacked?

WhatFor

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:27 pm
thanks wrote:
Zippers in the back are pretty rediculous.
Do any men's clothing close in the back?

What, you mean you don't have a personal handmaid to help you dress every morning? For shame.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:31 pm
for kids, tight necks that are impossible to take off the head. why don't they put a little snap or something??

silverlining3

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:33 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:
for kids, tight necks that are impossible to take off the head. why don't they put a little snap or something??

Omg yes! I left some tops behind because of its neck. Some are so cute, but no, I won't torture my child and myself.

bsy

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 1:13 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

I had a shirt from a Jewish store for my baby last summer. It was a Shabbos shirt, not a stretchy material, and had 2 buttons. It still didn't go over his head. And he has a small to average size head. What

acemom

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 2:46 pm
zaq wrote:
Women's clothing in general. Menswear probably has its own problems but overall --with the exception of neckties--it seems more comfortable and logical. At least I don't hear dh griping that this binds, that pinches, the other rides up, those reveal too much and these make him look fat.

Nylons, omg. Deliberately made to self-destruct. Would men dream of buying hosiery that is guaranteed to last no longer an adult mayfly lives? Would men wear shoes that cripple them and make it impossible to run away if attacked?

So true!

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 2:54 pm
amother [ Olive ] wrote:

I bought beautiful shabbos robes for my daughters but they were way too tight to get on and off. The seamstress was able to put a small zipper in the back and now they’re perfect Smile

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 3:01 pm
I'm 5'7", but I have arms like I'm 6 feet tall. Freakishly long monkey arms! Button down shirts and long sleeve shells always ride up and show way too much of my wrist. Not a tznius problem, but it just looks ill-fitting and awkward.

If anyone knows of a place that sells (US size 12) TALL shirts, please let me know!

Oh, another peeve: Skirt suits. I'm a 12 on top, and 14 on the bottom. If I buy a size 14 suit, the jacket is huge and shapeless on me. If the jacket fits, I can't get the skirt up past my hips. Buying separates is more expensive. Mad

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 7:01 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
I'm 5'0 and girls' size 14 maxi skirts fit me properly. I know a lot of short women are deadset against wearing clothing from the girl's section, but I don't see a problem as long as the particular item doesn't look childish. Usually the girls' clothing is more tzanua + less expensive.

I guess I should go to girls clothing then lol.
I’m 5’0” but I’m really curvy so idk lol

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 7:12 pm
I buy my shells at Peretz in BP. It ends up being super cheap at $10 a piece versus more expensive price for adult sizing in other stores.

PeanutMama

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 1:24 am
I feel for the little babies Sad there should be baby clothing in frum stores that have the little buttons on the side Sad

mochamix18

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 5:46 am
LovesHashem wrote:
Where do I buy one in Jerusalem?

Try Bandana on King George or the no name store next to coffix outside the ת.מ.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics