Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Is Kanye West going to be our 46 president?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 2:49 am
Success10 wrote:
He's not Trump 2.0. I know people say that Trump is deranged, but Kanye actually is.

Believe me, I get it. I’m not comparing the two of them. I’m just predicting how it might play out if he actually makes it onto the ballot (I’m not convinced he will).

DrMom

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 2:52 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
Haha no. But I do think he might sway voters away from Biden and hand the presidency to Trump.

Or he may influence the election in he reverse way.

It certainly seems unlikely that a 3rd party candidate entering so late into the race (he hasn't even filed paperwork) can win.

BTW, he stated in a recent interview with Forbes that his party is called "The Birthday Party."
Why The Birthday Party? “Because when we win, it’s everybody’s birthday." LOL

Last edited by DrMom on Thu, Jul 09 2020, 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 2:54 am
DrMom wrote:
Or he may influence the election in he reverse way.

It certainly seems unlikely that a 3rd party candidate entering so late into the race (he hasn't even filed paperwork) can win.

Possible. I kind of doubt it.

byisrael

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 4:09 am
Who would you think he would need to run against to have a chance - like Trump only managed because people really hated Hillary...

Kanye vs. Ilhan Omar - and maybe Kanye wins????

Lol this is a fun thread

BatyaEsther

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:10 am
Nikki Haley can't run against Trump. She is a republican, a rule follower, know who put her in her positions and wouldn't divide the party like that.
We can hope for Nikki Haley 2024. (If the country still exists and isn't completely destroyed by then).

In 2016, my then too young to vote DC was all into "Kanye 2020". I do think that DC would vote for him now-not because DC actually likes him but because DC doesn't want to vote for the others. He could not win at this time (I say this time because irrelevant of everything, he would need to run as an independent and he cannot be added to the ballot in 13 states-he would need to be a write in, and all things being equal, we live in a country where too many people are too lazy and stupid to do more than click a box)

If he ran, I wonder how it would impact the election. He is actually quite conservative/Republican, but based on race and his branding, I know people who would mindlessly vote for him without knowing his politics.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:19 am
SixOfWands wrote:
What makes you think that? My guess is that he's probably brilliant. He's certainly an excellent marketer, and at the very least collaborates on most of his songs. He's utterly unelectable (although I said the same of Trump), but brilliant.

But let's hope that someone comes up with a better candidate before that.

He has bipolar (not sure which type) and calls it his “superpower”.

emmes

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:42 am
https://amp.tmz.com/2020/07/09.....view/

I'm not so sure how bipolar works, but it seems to me that once he gets back on track with his meds, he will think more rationally and realize that his place is not in the White House. Everyone has different talents, and he should stick to what he is good at.

Kiwi13

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:50 am
Listen, far be it from me to discourage someone from seeing their bipolar as a superpower. I believe mine is too. But different superpowers do different things. Bipolar is NOT the sort of superpower you need as president. That’s not meant as any offense to him. It’s just NOT something that will help you run a country. That’s not to say a president can’t have well-treated bipolar, but it would be an enormous challenge. ENORMOUS.

miriamfraa

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 4:40 pm
it's 2020, you never know which crazy person can become a president

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 4:55 pm
byisrael wrote:
Who would you think he would need to run against to have a chance - like Trump only managed because people really hated Hillary...

Kanye vs. Ilhan Omar - and maybe Kanye wins????

Lol this is a fun thread

Ilhan Omar ys? She is loved by the left! Pelosi just endorsed her for re-election!

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 4:56 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I certainly hope not, being that he is mentally challenged.

Biden is much more mentally challenged than he is.

jerusalem90 wrote:
Nikki Haley, with VP Sarah Sanders, for the win!

Amen to that.

Last edited by Cheiny on Sun, Jul 26 2020, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 4:58 pm
jerusalem90 wrote:
Could be better, could be worse. If want to hear how he feels about Israel before making a judgement.

I'm still hoping for a Nikki Haley presidency.

Good to hear some people here allow israel to figure into their choice of whom to vote for.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:40 pm
Israel is an important ally for the US, so it goes beyond how the Jewish people are treated. It's the only stable, cooperative region in the Middle East. I'm not naive or thinking that any US presidents supported/will support Israel out of the goodness of their hearts, but the fact remains that it's a critical piece of the foreign relations puzzle. America SHOULD care about it, not just the Jewish Americans.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:25 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Israel is an important ally for the US, so it goes beyond how the Jewish people are treated. It's the only stable, cooperative region in the Middle East. I'm not naive or thinking that any US presidents supported/will support Israel out of the goodness of their hearts, but the fact remains that it's a critical piece of the foreign relations puzzle. America SHOULD care about it, not just the Jewish Americans.

So what do you think the reason is for why Trump moved the embassy to Jerusalem, declared the Golan Heights to be Israeli, declared settlements no longer illegal according to American law, defunded the UN UNRWA, stopped aid to the the PA, etc.? How did those actions help him politically?

InQuarantineWeR

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:31 pm
Cheiny wrote:
So what do you think the reason is for why Trump moved the embassy to Jerusalem, declared the Golan Heights to be Israeli, declared settlements no longer illegal according to American law, defunded the UN UNRWA, stopped aid to the the PA, etc.? How did those actions help him politically?

Because his evangelical Christian base supported those actions.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:32 pm
InQuarantineWeR wrote:
Because his evangelical Christian base supported those actions.

Oh yeah, that must be it. Can't Believe It

InQuarantineWeR

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:35 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Oh yeah, that must be it. Can't Believe It

So your explanation is that it's out of the goodness of his heart? That he doesn't want to give his base some reason to vote for him?

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:36 pm
Cheiny, I'm not sure why you're fighting me on this. We happen to share very similar politics. But no, if there was nothing in it for the US, it would be irresponsible for a US president to overhaul such things at the great risk that he had to take to get it done. Trump has been a good friend to the Jews and to Israel. 100%. Above and beyond in most ways. Not perfect, but again, he's the leader of the US, not Israel. All I was saying is that there are other factors too.

servewithjoy

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:37 pm
And even if it is...I don't care why someone does the right thing the ikkar is that he or she does the right thing for the US and israel.
And for sure beats the alternative. Not much of a contest there.
No big surprise that many Jewish longtime/lifelong democrats are moving to vote for Republicans.
Sad to say the Democrat party is no longer what it was in my grandparents' time.

Cheiny

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:51 pm
Kiwi13 wrote:
Cheiny, I'm not sure why you're fighting me on this. We happen to share very similar politics. But no, if there was nothing in it for the US, it would be irresponsible for a US president to overhaul such things at the great risk that he had to take to get it done. Trump has been a good friend to the Jews and to Israel. 100%. Above and beyond in most ways. Not perfect, but again, he's the leader of the US, not Israel. All I was saying is that there are other factors too.

Absolutely not fighting you, I agree with you. I took issue with the other remark saying he did it solely to appease his Christian base.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics