Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Gonna start making my own suppers next week. Any ideas?

Idonno

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 2:33 pm
Newly married and have no clue what to start making for supper. Any ideas for fleishig? that doesn't involve too many ingredients..? (listen, we're on a kollel budget! Smile)

stillnewlywed

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 2:39 pm
Meatballs and spaghetti
Hawaiin chicken and rice
Shnitzel sandwiches
Meat Pizza
BBQ - burgers and grilled chicken
Chicken lomaine
Chicken stir fry and mashed potatoes

Just add a side of grilled veggies or soup to the above and delicious supper!

Buy the cookbook "Table for Two"

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 2:41 pm
Do you have any cookbooks? There's one great for newlyweds called Table for 2 or something like that.
Meanwhile, if you're new to cooking, yes, you don't want to use extravagant expensive ingredients but you do need to learn how to cook some basics. Meatballs, meat sauce/sloppy joes, chicken (Between Carpools has a 30 things to do with chicken cutlets that might give you some good ideas). You can make sandwiches, get some deli, salami and eggs, hot dogs.

This is all off the cuff.

Mazel tov!

Rappel

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 3:06 pm
Chicken bottoms, with dried garlic powder and thyme shaken on them. Bake until crispy, serve with rice and a vegetable.

shmosmom

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 3:16 pm
Rappel wrote:
Chicken bottoms, with dried garlic powder and thyme shaken on them. Bake until crispy, serve with rice and a vegetable.

I do this as a one pan dinner with string beans and sweet potatoes.
I sometimes slice a lemon on top too, to make it a bit fancier.

I definitely second the ideas of fried chicken (serve in sandwiches or rice) meatballs and spaghetti.
More ideas:
Pita, falafel & Israeli salad

Tomato soup with homade pizza calzones (can also do ground meat calzones if you want to keep it fleishig)

Chicken mushroom stir fry served with rice or spaghetti (I just saute an onion, add chicken & mushrooms and sprinkle some soy sauce)

Pita or laffa with shwarma

Salmon, thinly sliced potatoes and broccoli makes another good one pan dinner. (Can do chicken cutlets if you want fleishig.)

If you have a croc pot there's some great threads with easy croc pot dinners as well.

saltandvinegar

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 3:19 pm
I barely make fleishig during the week! You could do tacos one night... throw meat into crockpot with a can of tomato sauce, some taco seasoning and leave it on all day. serve with tortilla shells and salad.
-soups are easy and yum
-homemade pizza
-homemade meat pizza- even more yum! saute some onions for ontop
-schwarma- dark chicken cutlets and slice into thin slices with some sliced onions and schwarma spice
-homemade falafel and chips. I make it sometimes its cheap and easy b/c its basically chickpeas and dried spices
-fish tacos
-moroccan fish if you want to have it during the week
-schnitzel
-general chso chicken

do you have pinterest?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus