Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
SLP scared to go into peoples homes due to COVID...
Previous  1  2

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
my doctor basically told me that. she cant really give me advice b/c shes been working this whole time.
what constitutes sufficient PPE gear?
do you think its unethical for me to ask the parents if anyone in their home has been exposed to COVID? im just scared they'll lie. also I spoke to the current therapist of this new case and he told me that the mom is really not involved and just wants a babysitter basically...

Asking if anyone has been exposed is useless. My patients all lie because they want services. Also, the mom may have Na’ama exposed at shoprite the day before and she has no idea until past the window of exposing someone else.

I would love to send you a picture of what I look like in all my PPE, but I can't share it with the world. It is just too powerful. Forget hot Chani's. It would be a serious shmirat eynayim issue. Not only with men leave their wives, but I think the women will leave their husbands and would probably turning lesbian because it is so attractive.
Seriously, in my opinion, if you go into the home, and I am not saying you should or shouldn't. I would wear a n95, face shield, scrub pants, gloves and a paper/plastic disposable gown.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:40 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Asking if anyone has been exposed is useless. My patients all lie because they want services. Also, the mom may have Na’ama exposed at shoprite the day before and she has no idea until past the window of exposing someone else.

I would love to send you a picture of what I look like in all my PPE, but I can't share it with the world. It is just too powerful. Forget hot Chani's. It would be a serious shmirat eynayim issue. Not only with men leave their wives, but I think the women will leave their husbands and would probably turning lesbian because it is so attractive.
Seriously, in my opinion, if you go into the home, and I am not saying you should or shouldn't. I would wear a n95, face shield, scrub pants, gloves and a paper/plastic disposable gown.

LOL! Thanks for the laugh :-)

Wish I could pm you ...

when you get home what do you do with all your gear? how do you drive home?
Just asking practical qs bc I dont know where to start!!

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:48 am
This is amother blue.
I am posting under my SN so you can PM me.
I will edit it to amother after you PM

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 3:40 pm
In this scenario I’d def let the boss know about the pregnancy and ask her to keep it quiet

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 4:15 pm
I really don’t know why your so concerned. I know a few pregnant women who got corona and recently delivered health babies.

The high risk study is controversial and was proven faulty.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 4:57 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I really don’t know why your so concerned. I know a few pregnant women who got corona and recently delivered health babies.

The high risk study is controversial and was proven faulty.

Nothing was proven anything because Covid is a novel virus. No one knows if the mother could have issues down the line, or if the child will have issues down the line.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics