Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Looking for an Out of Town community with Girls High School
Previous  1  2

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:01 pm
CLEmom wrote:
What about Cleveland? It’s an incredibly warm community, really has a small-town feel, but it’s also big enough that you have multiple girls schools - currently three with high school divisions - to choose from. I lived there for many years and have only good things to say about it.

Housing is very affordable too! There are plenty of neighborhoods to choose from, with lots of different options in terms of pricing. We lived in a modest five bedroom house in Cleveland Heights, we sold it when we moved two years ago for $180,000.

Another major benefit to Cleveland is that there are two separate voucher programs for private schools - one is income-based, but one is for everyone. We only qualified for the general vouchers, I believe it gave us about $5,000 per year per student.

I’d be happy to tell you more offline, Cleveland really is a special and wonderful place and I’d really encourage you to look into it!

Why did you move if you were so happy?

CLEmom

Post Mon, Jul 06 2020, 6:34 pm
We are chassidish and as our boys were getting older we wanted them in a chassidishe system. The schools in Cleveland are all litvish - not at all a bad thing, but it is a different style of learning for the boys, and we didn’t want them to have a difficult transition later when moving on to mesivta. That being said, we were actually very happy with the boys school other than the chassidishe/litvishe difference...we sent to a very heimishe school with wonderful melamdim and really lovely families who we were very close to, and felt 100% comfortable with as far as friends for our kids (and ourselves). The hashkafos were very solid and we had a great experience there. There is also a large well-established school in Cleveland that is a little more in the center - still yeshivish but not quite so far to the right.

I’m still close with many friends from the Cleveland community, and it sounds like it has continued to grow in the years since we left. I miss living there often.

Shanatova

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:21 am
Hi I just read your post in regards to an out of town community. We have moved to a beautiful community less than 3 years ago and we love it here. The community is about 1.5 hours driving distance from NY. I live near many congregations including Lubavitch, within walking distance. I would like to give you more information about the community.
We have schools and high schools here.
Please email me for more information. Smile
Smile

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:27 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
The Detroit community is only near Detroit. It is primarily in the cities of Southfield and Oak Park. Both of them are small suburban cities separated from each other by one 4 lane road. It is one of the bigger out of town communities, but nothing near as big as Baltimore or Passaic. The community actually has 3 high schools. Farber- a Bnei Akiva type school, Bais Yaakov, and Darchei Torah. My daughter is in the biggest girls class in BY (grades 1-12) right now and her grade has around 45 girls.

Detroit also has a Lubavitch girls high school.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:39 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
The Detroit community is only near Detroit. It is primarily in the cities of Southfield and Oak Park. Both of them are small suburban cities separated from each other by one 4 lane road. It is one of the bigger out of town communities, but nothing near as big as Baltimore or Passaic. The community actually has 3 high schools. Farber- a Bnei Akiva type school, Bais Yaakov, and Darchei Torah. My daughter is in the biggest girls class in BY (grades 1-12) right now and her grade has around 45 girls.
Also West Bloomfield could be an option.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:45 am
scranton has two girls schools

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:00 am
Depending on how litvish/lubavitch you are, look into either Scranton or Kingston, PA. Scranton community is more litvish, Kingston is Lubavitch. The HS-age girls in Kingston go to Bnos Yisroel in Scranton. As it stands now the school has about 25 girls and 1/3 are Lubavitch. The school has been amazingly warm and accommodating towards the Lubavitch girls and they have really integrated well.

Housing in both communities is incredibly affordable (although, like every other community that gets "invaded" by frum people, housing prices are going up and the bigger, better houses get snatched up as soon as they come on the market). It's also within 3-hour drive of NYC (less depending on traffic) and easy access to the poconos. Really a great place to live!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 7:48 pm
Norfolk is a very special place.
It is an established, small community with about 60 families. There is a kollel, yeshiva, girls high school, and elementary school. Hashkafically the community ranges from baalei batish baal teshuva, out of town koolle, and out of town yeshivish. There are about 4/5 lubavitch families and they have a shul. There is def a range but more right wing in general. Its a beautiful, safe neighborhood with most stores, shul and mikva in walking distance. The elementary school has about 120 kids, the girls high school has about 10-15, and the boys yeshiva has about 40. Despite the size, they do feel like real schools with different programs and classes.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating